Used Rem 700 ADL Feeding Problems

OP
SirChooCH

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
A few important ADL/blind mag tips for anyone that finds this post:

1. If you don't have the assembly right, it won't feed right. Make certain you have the right box, follower and spring. Make sure the top of the box is pinched and seated into the receiver after you secure the little attachment screw.

2. Make sure you file the bottom of the mag box so it's completely clear from touching the bottom of the stock's blind mag floor. You don't want any binding and you don't want to accidentally push the box through the floor when you tighten the action screws.

3. Center and secure the bottom of the follower spring with two pieces of Gorilla tape. If the spring base isn't sitting right, the upward follower tension won't be even, causing misalignment/poor feeding.

View attachment 271640

Hope this helps!
Holy crap gorilla tape fixes everything. This worked!

Attachments

• 20210309_134137.jpg
    20210309_134137.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 15

cooperjd

WKR
Glad you got it worked out. I was also going to suggest checking out wyatts and possibly getting a replacement box/follower assembly. But sounds like you fixed it a lot cheaper

Dr Evil

FNG
See two photos:

This photos shows two long action mag box assemblies, a 240W (same as 30-06 parts) and a 7RM. All parts correspond to a bullet facing right. Both represent how the spring should appear while relaxed, including orientation and how the spring attaches to the follower.
View attachment 271696

This photo shows how the spring should sit in the follower slot.
View attachment 271697

It's obvious that your spring is pushed too far to the front of the follower.

This solves one issue, anyway. :)

This is an old post that I just found and solved the mysterious feeding issue one of my blind mag 700s experienced. Thanks! :)