USA Fox & Furs

Anyone have a problem with them? I sent them fur 2 years ago. Paid them, never received my fur back.
Now I have to chase them to get my money back, and I lost furs.

WCB

WKR
Yep....The stuff they have done for me has turned out good. However, I brought in a few fox a couple yotes and a XL beaver to them in early 2020. Got them expedited on the tanning. Well the Covid hit and all that and they then put a note on their website that things would take longer than normal and even though the expedited items would take standard length of time they were still charging for expediting.

Then I got everything else back but my Beaver. Called "yep our Beavers are running behind should be done in a couple of months". Got that answer a couple times....called them out on it and then it turned into "maybe your tag fell off of it so when we are done we will have extras and we can try to figure out which one is yours". Or we can just send an extra to you. WTF? I caught a damn big beaver with a perfect pelt. If I just wanted a Beaver pelt I would have just bought one.

At this point I just called back a couple more times to figure out what excuse they'd come up with next. On one call I was asked to "describe" the Beaver I sent in. "Well it was a dark brown and round and XL in size".

I just chalked it up as a loss...luckily I paid for the other furs separately and no money towards the Beaver. I actually might just call them and see what they say for the fun of it.

.222 ND

FNG
Had good and bad. Mostly good. Friend did a king size bed spread out of coon, it turned out very nice.

OP
Short Track
I'm bummed too, because I did a trap line trip just for Beaver, and I had to drive 10 hours each direction.
There are no Beavers local to me. 2 years, I lost hope of getting my fur back.

I heard Sleepy Creek has always been dependable.

mgray

FNG
I’ve heard all the negative stuff about USA Fox too. I sent some furs to Sleepy Creek and it came back looking great. Someone always answered the phone, and always answered any questions I had.

I've heard nothing but negative reviews of USA Fox. Mostly that guy's never get their stuff back. I sent a couple coyotes and a fox to sleepy creek last fall and has them back before Christmas. I've also heard nothing but great things about moyles and Z&L in New Jersey

OP
Short Track
I called USA FF 4 times. Total joke. and I definitely lost my furs. Hours of fleshing, freezing, packing, trapping. It was a load of beavers. Like 10 really nice ones. Not even sure anymore.

Wow good to know I’ve used them in the past that was about a decade ago had great results I wasn’t going to think twice about using them again…. Looks like I’ll have to re think that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
I called USA FF 4 times. Total joke. and I definitely lost my furs. Hours of fleshing, freezing, packing, trapping. It was a load of beavers. Like 10 really nice ones. Not even sure anymore.
Seems like a lot of guys I have talked to lost Beavers also. Be interesting if you could get a ratio on species of fur "lost" there.

Tanning fur-moyles . Making fur products usa ff. They made a beautiful beaver fur hat for a family , but i seem to hear more " lost furs" during tanning. Good luck