Urban Zippy Hunting Daypack Anyone?

Solitude

WKR
Curious if anyone is using the Urban Zippy as a hunting daypack and the pros/cons you have found? Any field pictures you may have would be helpful, and does a mid sized scope/tripod fit well?

I find myself throughout the year wishing I had a solid daypack for scouting, and short day hunts. Obviously I am not looking for a neat hauler.

When archery hunting a small daypack is much more preferable to me vs compressing a larger pack (just my opinion).

Are there any other daypack a I should be considering? Part of me wishes there as a more significant waist belt in the Urban Zippy for those times I am crawling or need to run/hustle to catch or keep up with game in the move.

Any input you could offer would be appreciated.

Beastmode

WKR
The new antero edc looks fairly promising. I do a lot of day hikes with the kids all year and think it would be about perfect. It has a framesheet and is omni belt compatible.

OP
Solitude

Solitude

WKR
Copy on the two above. I do like the belt option, but figured I would check to see how many. zippy users out there. Seems like not many. Thanks

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
armyjoe was out here at my place deer hunting this past November. He was runnin the urban zippy with an organizer attached as a treestand bag. It looked to be working out great and he echoed as much when we talked about it. Different context, I know, but just something else to chew on as you do your research.

Like the other guy said I would recommend the X-ray over the urban zippy. I had an UZ that I traded for an X-ray and I'm very happy with it, better support/suspension. It has two vertical stays as well.

I've been using mine mainly for day hunts for predators, and fly fishing. The multiple rows of webbing allow you to customize it to your liking, I run an organizer underneath a small belt pouch. Pick one up you won't be disappointed!

ceb71c1d4b1ea14ec6cfe773e7bb6990.jpg

e061b5620eaba6c407f8438c8f5522cd.jpg

Trr15

WKR
I just picked up a Xing from another Rokslider and I think its going to be the perfect daypack for my use. Its a little bigger than the Xray, but it suits my needs perfectly. I wanted something I could use for a day hunt, but with the primary purpose of pre-season scouting (hauling trail cams and gear) and day hikes with the family (wife and 2 young kids and all their day gear). The extra CIs are perfect for what I'm going to use it for.