Updated Gear List Thread

OP
ohhiitznik
Since you're from Colorado maybe you can explain this to me... I had heard/seen/interacted with a TON of people with very thick german accents. Is that normal for CO? I felt like I was in Bavaria a lot.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
I have met quite a few Germans here in the summer time over the years as well. My guess is that the Rockies and RMNP are just popular tourist destinations for them. Not sure though. What was Hans doing without Frans anyway?

OP
ohhiitznik
He was looking like a tourist. Dayhiking with a DSLR and no real camping gear. Kind of scary to head out into the wilderness without the 10 essentials.

He was looking like a tourist. Dayhiking with a DSLR and no real camping gear. Kind of scary to head out into the wilderness without the 10 essentials.

I work with a guy that moved here (Colorado) a few months ago from Texas. I tell him this all the time. He likes to do over nights in RMNP with his buddies from back home. No base layers, no shelter, no extra food, no way to sterilize water. Sadly enough, some people need to learn the hard way.

The majority of the weight I carry on a day hike, is survival gear. You just never know!

Referring to your question earlier, there seems to be a large population of German descent in the Boulder area and surrounding foothills.