UPDATED: 9/26/2022 -Very Disappointed in Sig Rangefinder

Had a similar experience with my Sig kilo 1800bdx. I bought it Jan 6, 2001 from SW. It was a pretty good deal, maybe they were being discontinued at the time. But around july of this year I started having issues with having to hit the button multiple times for it to range and when it did the range was off until I was able to range the object a few times. I contacted sig and was told the warrantly expired in february of this year. I wasnt aware that the 5 years was from the date of mfg and not the date of purchase. So a 5 year warranty for me, was effectively 13 months. The warranty expired Feb 2022 according to the sig rep, and since I had other RFs, I wasnt interested in a discount.

That being said, I have a few RFs. I had a Leupold rx1600i that was replaced by warranty after 6 months after the leds started to crap out. Its not past their 2 year warranty, and it works fine, but I also dont use it all that much because I dont trust it since it was already replaced. Im not sure if Leupold is 2 years from purchase or mfg date, but either way 2 years is easily the worst among RFs in its price range.

And then theres the Vortex Ranger 1800 that Ive had since they released it. I use it 80% of the time, and have never had an issue with it. The only downside is that it doesnt read in 1/10th yard increments. But at least they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty should it ever go out. Vortex takes a lot of crap, and while Im not a fan of their binos, this Ranger 1800 has been flawless.
Very similar to my situation and frustrating because you don’t know when the unit was manufactured when you buy it

JGRaider

WKR
That date of manufacture BS is just that.......complete BS to tie a consumer warranty to the date it was made. Laughable actually.

gburk

WKR
Just got an RMA shipping label from them this morning.

Did some more testing. For the record only AMR range seems to be impacted, not LOS. Also seems the battery life reporting problem (empty battery icon) doesn’t always coincide with bad reads- just an intermittent completely unrelated problem.

We’ll see what they say about it after they get it in hand.
Just got a new replacement in the mail that works. They took care of me and I’m happy, assuming this problem doesn’t return.

CS223

FNG
Found this thread searching for dead Sig rangefinder My Sig Kilo2000 purchased new by me has been sitting in its original box in the bag, and with the original battery in the safe. Dead as dirt. I used it exactly one time to range my field of fire where I hunt. Tried new battery, went into a dark room per the trouble shooting instructions, nothing for a display. Called their customer service today, got the same abrupt story, out of production, no repair offered & the Chinese manufacturer did not offer any service, disposable product. I didn’t expect anything for free, I’d gladly pay for the repair but it’s not an option. But they did offer 20% off of a replacement @ $709. The same unit except with another $200 worth of inflation added. You might screw me once but you won’t screw me a second time. So if you’ve found this thread like I have, consider this your warning about Sig Electro Optics. Might as well buy something from AliExpress and cut out the middleman.

JGRaider

WKR
That sucks, but can't say I'm surprised. Sig hosed me on a 2200 BDX, telling me the warranty was 5 yrs from date of manufacture, not date of purchase. They can stick it up their asss, won't buy another Sig anything.

CS223

FNG
That sucks, but can't say I'm surprised. Sig hosed me on a 2200 BDX, telling me the warranty was 5 yrs from date of manufacture, not date of purchase. They can stick it up their asss, won't buy another Sig anything.
And I just found out some other derogatory inside informatio
Yep, I’ll buy a Vortex before I buy an Sig anything ever again. At least they stand behind their products 100% period. Their Razor HD 4000 is comparable in price & features and has superior reviews. I’m a product reviewer for Expertvoice so the cost is considerably less than Sig consolation sucker price. Had a former Sig employee contact me privately with some extremely unflattering information.

JGRaider

WKR
I"m to the point where if it involves buying hunting electronics, it will be Vortex something. I'm saying this after dealing with Sig, Leupold, and Leica customer service regarding bino/rf's and rf's. I greatly underestimated how good the Fury AB's are.