Unlimited antelope tag- Idaho

rclouse79

WKR
I saw you do not have to pick up the unlimited tag before August 1st. I was wondering if you are still able to pick up the tag after the season for that tag starts. Thanks.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Yea, you should be able to pick it up anytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing but I finally got ahold of fish and game and the person I talked to said you had to pick it up before the season. They did not seem super confident, so I am still not convinced. I bought the tag anyways. The only way I would even hunt it would be it I tagged out on elk opening weekend. I am just looking at it as a donation at this point.

I have heard so much misinformation from IDFG employees I wouldn’t trust the info. I am pretty sure I have picked them up in season in the past. But they also used to let us buy general deer and non quota elk zones as soon as draw results were out and they changed that this year so who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsd16

WKR
I don’t know why it would be different than any other controlled hunt other than because it is unlimited. You probably need to buy it by 8/1. Why do you want to wait?

Last edited:

idcuda

WKR
Yep, as noted, unlimited tags are not subject to the 8/1 deadline. Pages 7 & 110 of the regs call it out.

I'm pretty sure I've picked them up even after the season started.