Unknown Munitions is a Tikka Dealer?

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
@Unknown Munitions

I just heard on the podcast you're now an official Tikka dealer.

Is your pricing for stock Tikka rifles going to be competitive with the online dealers such as EuroOptic?

Next time I buy a Tikka can I print out the best price I can find online, walk into your store and you'll beat it?

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Won't really matter, you'll still be paying tax. You really going to order one, pay the transfer fee, and wait.... if they don't beat some random online price for one they have on hand?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Jake didn't say they were going to keep a stock of Tikkas on hand for resale, he said "we can order you any Tikka you want."

So yes, if it comes down to clicking checkout on EuroOptic or calling UM, I want whichever gets me the most for my dollars.

Maybe they will have them in stock though, it's not really clear. These are the kinds of answers that would be valuable to prospective customers. So, @UM GM @Unknown Munitions @Ryan Avery spill the beans!

OP
C

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
When purchasing a rifle I want to pay money and then have the rifle.

I'm not sure whether or not that answers your question about matching a service level?

The last few online firearm purchases I've made have been quick and smooth with zero issues. So I hope brick and mortar stores can try to match that kind of service. Most often at small LGSs I find an old man who seems annoyed that I had the audacity to walk into his store, upset that I was looking for something other than what he has on the wall, and wants to charge 10% above manufacturers suggested list.

I'm not painting UM with this same brush, based on their presence here and on the podcast they seem like genuinely cool people. But I haven't been able to make it over there to see for myself because they're only open during my work hours.

Last edited:

UM GM

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We are set up as a dealer. We are planning to stock Tikkas. Still working out the details on all that.

The idea is you can get your Tikka from us, then accessorize it if you want with a threaded muzzle, brake, rings, our bottom metal (still in development), cerakote, Rokstok, etc; then we can ship it to you. That saves you a shipping charge.

If you walk into the shop you get immediate service. You can often get us on a Saturday if you coordinate ahead of time. We initially had the shop open on Saturdays, but hardly anyone ever came in.

gbflyer

WKR
We are set up as a dealer. We are planning to stock Tikkas. Still working out the details on all that.

The idea is you can get your Tikka from us, then accessorize it if you want with a threaded muzzle, brake, rings, our bottom metal (still in development), cerakote, Rokstok, etc; then we can ship it to you. That saves you a shipping charge.

If you walk into the shop you get immediate service. You can often get us on a Saturday if you coordinate ahead of time. We initially had the shop open on Saturdays, but hardly anyone ever came in.

I am not in your state. I will say that I would frequent a vendor that participates here as an example over those who do not. I pay a premium to speak with a human over Ester the AI chatbot at wherever.com I don’t know you UM guys, my hat is off to you for your continued participation here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider

Great. Once you have the details worked out I'll be interested to hear about your pricing for base Tikka rifles.

WCT3

FNG

This is exactly what I'm hoping to do at some point, I don't really need a full Tikka build but would like some work done. Do you know if you can order a standard lite or stainless lite in 6.5 PRC? They're listed on Tikka's website but online and in store I've only been able to find it in the more expensive models.

I did. Picked up my RSS on Thursday. But I'm sure this isn't going to be my last Tikka, and if UM is going to offer them competitively I would use them for the next one.
I own a business.

If the first two things a prospective customer wants to know are about price... I don't want that customer.

No one wins in a race to the bottom.

OP
C

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I own a business.

If the first two things a prospective customer wants to know are about price... I don't want that customer.

Well I'm not hiring someone to design a bridge or port a set of cylinder heads. We're talking about a simple retail transaction. Does price not strike you as pertinent information?

I own a business.

For basic functions that don't require much interface or "business relationship", cost is a factor.

If say gunzonedeals has a stainless lite for $724 w/ free shipping and UM is selling them for $880 like scheels and many others and UM charges you the same for a chop/thread job on that rifle either way, seems like a logical person would just ship them the rifle. If UM could still make $ on a tikka by matching the online price such that it is worth their effort to sell them for that, great.

In the scenario above, not wanting to pay say $120 extra for what is frequently a $100-175 service (chop and thread) doesn't seem like something that should put one into the "customer not worthy of doing business with" category.

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
For basic functions that don't require much interface or "business relationship", cost is a factor.

If say gunzonedeals has a stainless lite for $724 w/ free shipping and UM is selling them for $880 like scheels and many others and UM charges you the same for a chop/thread job on that rifle either way, seems like a logical person would just ship them the rifle. If UM could still make $ on a tikka by matching the online price such that it is worth their effort to sell them for that, great.

In the scenario above, not wanting to pay say $120 extra for what is frequently a $100-175 service (chop and thread) doesn't seem like something that should put one into the "customer not worthy of doing business with" category.

What caliber are you see in stainless for $724? I’m not seeing that.

What caliber are you see in stainless for $724? I’m not seeing that.

6.5 creedmoors were for a long time. Not sure if they still are. Have to email for a price to know i think.

I buy quite a few Benchmade knives. Locally. At retail.

I like having cool places in town. If people don't spend money at them, they don't stay. People in my town need jobs. Roads need maintained.

Plus, on the off chance there's an issue, I can walk in, drop it on the counter and they deal with it.

Paying slightly more to support a local business that cares about me instead of a website is money well spent.