unit 95 Grizz attack

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Thanks for posting this.

And really glad the article mentioned he shot the bear with his handgun only in self defense.

Eddie

1727398521719.png

Loper

WKR
Did i read that right? They have had 3 serious bear encounters over the years. Big nope for me.
Yeah I read that and thought this guy is either in the grizz woods all the time or has terrible luck. It will be interesting to see if he returns next year after his most recent encounter.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Wild story. A few takeaways, he was well trained and was able to clear a jam, this is another success story for the 10mm, 3 grizz encounters in such a short period is insane.

any semi-auto handgun or rifle can jam for a variety of reasons and has nothing to do with the reliability of the handgun or the ammo..just one example is limp-wristing the handgun. even the best handgun can jam. knowing how to quickly clear the jam and get another round in battery is what separates the critic from the expert.

any semi-auto handgun or rifle can jam for a variety of reasons and has nothing to do with the reliability of the handgun or the ammo..just one example is limp-wristing the handgun. even the best handgun can jam. knowing how to quickly clear the jam and get another round in battery is what separates the critic from the expert.
My revolver has never jammed....

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that as well. It was also interesting to me that he let the bear get 10 yards away, no way I have nerves like that.
I gotta wonder if this could have been avoided if he alerted the bear to his presence as soon as he saw it.

It doesn’t say how far it away it was when he spotted the bear, but it seems like it was far enough that the bear might have changed course if he started yelling at it.

sholm

FNG
The upper green river area has the highest concentration of grizzlies in the lower 48 outside of yellowstone. The bears are used to humans and love the cattle grazing allotments of the area. Every year in the last ten there has been a serious attack - multiple bears are trapped out of the area each year due to depredation. The sheep herders pulled out of area 95/93 a number of years ago due to the grizzlies. The elk seem to be ok just dont plan on getting one out without a little pucker factor.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I guess spray and pray has its place?
Whatever fuddism makes you feel better.

Ps.."one shot got'em" died with Johnny ringo. It's advantageous to be prepared to shoot in multiples, especially with a moving target while under duress.

Last edited:
mike.adams - revolvers don't jam huh? bullshit! ive hunted with revolvers for 30 years and have some of the best custom revolvers money can buy as well as 6 FA revolvers, many smiths and rugers......for a total of around 40 revolvers of very high quality and around 20 semi-auto's with 9 being custom 1911's with 2 of those from Wilson Combat. They all have the possibility of jamming or FTF and for a variety of reasons. perhaps you need to shoot yours more often vs fondling it, to experience that. in bear country during archery or hiking my factory glock 40 in 10mm would be with me even though i have some very powerful revolvers. more ammo in a mag and the ease of reloading another full mag if required is paramount. when i am hunting with a handgun, then i want the revolver as it's the law in most states.