Unit 44 Colorado Mule Deer Hunt 4th season

OutdoorAg

WKR
I'll be here waiting to hear yalls reports! Chewing on my tag jerky (from a diff unit) that cost me 10 years of points to draw.Its pretty darn chewy.

Chevy enough to not forget that 2nd season is 2nd season is 2nd season. Even if the draw says its worth X points, and its late in the calendar re-set....its still 2nd season.

Guy I knew of from NV shot maybe a 160-170 (wild guess) but didn't want the photo posted. I heard the Thomas Diesing buck was taken in 44 but no personal knowledge. It's on his Instagram and Mile High Note Game Calls page so click on some of those links for other photos. It's also been on several other sites I've seen. Really cool buck for sure.

Reactions: PRC
I should be out of the points creep this year and I sure am excited to hit the ground as soon as the snow melts. Unit 44 is what I have been waiting for. I'll take any advice our story's I can get. Thanks to everyone for posting.

Hope you all have a great year.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I should be out of the points creep this year and I sure am excited to hit the ground as soon as the snow melts. Unit 44 is what I have been waiting for. I'll take any advice our story's I can get. Thanks to everyone for posting.

4th season? Is what still 20+ points? Helped a buddy out there a couple years back, it was dry and warm and super tough hunting, he ended up finding a 204” buck close to civilization on some blm and connected, saw one other 190 ish buck in dark timber, pray for cold and snow for sure. Buddy hunted elk their 4th season last year, mostly to watch deer I think and glassed up some tanks. Good luck if you draw it. It’s a sweet tag

ColoradoV

WKR

If you are a resident the cpw is taking tags from resident hunters and just might affect you. I talked w a resident who has 20 that has been enough for 4th at 80% but at 75% he is likely waiting another year or 2.

Yea crazy Colorado is giving more tags to non residents in high point units…

Hnthrdr

WKR
If you are a resident the cpw is taking tags from resident hunters and just might affect you. I talked w a resident who has 20 that has been enough for 4th at 80% but at 75% he is likely waiting another year or 2.

Yea crazy Colorado is giving more tags to non residents in high point units…
Not sure why we couldn’t do 75/25 in all units and 80/20 or even 90/10 in high draw units? Que the NR hate in 3, 2, 1….

Hnthrdr

WKR
I'm ignorant on this... what's the current ratio for NR / R tags in those units?
Over 6 points was 80/20. Everything else was 65/35. Now it will be 75/25 across the board starting next year

Foldem

WKR
This is not accurate. The commission voted in May for 75/25 in low demand and kept 80/20 in high demand. Big W for us residents compared to 75/25 across the board... for now.

Foldem

WKR
Agenda Item 17: Chapter W-2 – “Big Game” 2 CCR 406-2 and those related provisions of Chapter W0 (“General Provisions” 2 CCR 406-0) necessary to accommodate changes to or ensure consistency with Chapter W-2 (Step 2 of 2) The Commission finalized the following regulations modifying the big game license distribution for black bear, deer, elk and pronghorn to 80% for residents and 20% for nonresidents for high-demand hunt codes and 75% for residents and 25% for nonresidents for all other hunt codes effective for the 2024 big game seasons.