Unit 11 Idaho Elk

I drew the antlered elk tag in Unit 11 and last years fire has me a little bummed with all the logging going on up there. Just looking for a little in site on some areas I can check out. I will be hitting up Frye Point, Eagle Creek (not the road lol), and captain John drainages. Will probably even hit up Wapshila. But may be too steep for my old knees. Anyone with some other spots they may be willing to share that I should check out? Thanks in advance and best of luck to all of you this season.

OP
S
Naming all the places you plan on hunting when you post the unit number on an open forum is just going to get those places overrun.
If they want to walk in 6 miles plus and hunt steep terrain then I am fine with that. Plus, huge unit with only 40 tags. Information I provided is same info fish and game provided to me so free info to all.

Matt83

FNG
We hunted a burn area in Colorado this year, from a big fire in 2020, the burn areas were still charred earth but you’d be surprised the pockets that it doesn’t burn. They were like rain forests, and they held elk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk