Unheard Voices

JT113

FNG
Just read an article sighting a report from the New York Post that over 10 million firearms owners/hunters are not registered to vote. This includes upwards of a half a million individuals in Pennsylvania and upwards of 350000 in many other states such as Wisconsin and Virginia. The easy math, based on recent national and state elections, says this silent block, realistically, does have the potential to shape the outcome of future elections. Just a reminder to us all and our hunting and outdoor community, that we collectively, can't sit on the sidelines a hope for the best.

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
You lost me at New York Post. Honestly, I don’t think you have to worry much about folks on here. We seem well opinionated.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Wisconsin is by in large a red state, except for Milwaukee and Madison. Here’s a picture from our local grocery store. Yes more people should vote, but I think the 2nd amendment is well represented here.View attachment 735878
When you drive near either Madison or Milwaukee you can see the liberal haze hanging over those cities for Miles away. Madison and Milwaukee are both heavily blue, and with the population of those two cities the states of Wi. generally votes Dem.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
When you drive near either Madison or Milwaukee you can see the liberal haze hanging over those cities for Miles away. Madison and Milwaukee are both heavily blue, and with the population of those two cities the states of Wi. generally votes Dem.
At the same time, imagine living in Wisconsin and not living in Madison or Milwaukee. Rural Wisconsin???? That’s a hard pass.

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
WI is a great place to live, especially for hunting and outdoor opportunities. I’m just fine with living in a purple state…

Bluefish

WKR
Madison and Milwaukee are both heavily blue, and with the population of those two cities the states of Wi. generally votes Dem.
This is true of the whole country. Cities are blue, rural is red. Cities have so many more people they control the politics. Illinois and California are two other examples.

This is why there is an electoral college at the federal level, If it didn’t exist the big states on the coasts would control the whole country.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Wisconsin is by and large a red state, except for Milwaukee and Madison. Here’s a picture from our local grocery store. Yes more people should vote, but I think the 2nd amendment is well represented here.View attachment 735878
Sounds like Phoenix and Tucson. Los Angeles and San Francisco. Dallas and Houston. Denver and Boulder. The list goes on and on. It’s not unique to any state.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The real question is.....how do they know who is a gun owner and who isn't......and who of those supposed gun owners is also not registered to vote? Is there a public database that shows all gun owners? And if so, how is that linked to the database of registered voters? And who exactly did this database search?

The real question is.....how do they know who is a gun owner and who isn't......and who of those supposed gun owners is also not registered to vote? Is there a public database that shows all gun owners? And if so, how is that linked to the database of registered voters? And who exactly did this database search?

It's probably like harvest numbers without check in.

Just call a % and trust what they say, extrapolate.

I don't think the OP was calling out any state or person in particular but the fact that there are millions of people who have the power to determine the outcome of elections, yet they don't because they're not even registered to vote. I personally know dozens of people who are patriotic & conservative who complain about the current government & the direction the country is going. When I ask if they are registered/ intend to vote they all give some lame ass excuse ("my vote doesn't mean anything, he's gonna win without my vote, I don't want them knowing who I vote for", etc.) The other side cares about winning & implementing their power a thousand times more than us and they work their asses off to get every "ballot" counted whether legal or not.

It only takes a few minutes to register & vote. If you don't know how, just look it up. Show others how to do it. PLEASE make sure you do & PLEASE ask the people you know to do the same. Print out instructions & hand them out to people you know.

Think of the millions of people who fought & died for the right for us to be able to determine our own future. Think about the men that crossed the Delaware & stormed the beaches of Normandy. Don't let their sacrifice be in vain. If nothing else, VOTE for the future of your kids & grandkids.

Upon exiting the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin was asked by a passerby whether the new constitution would provide a monarchy or a republic. “A republic, if you can keep it.”

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
As an Oregon voter, every four years in November I pee my pants while wearing a dark suit.

It makes me feel warm all over but no one notices.

That’s what it’s like to be a Conservative here.

P
That’s how it used to be for us in rural Northern California. Now that I live in AZ I have a glimmer of hope still.

This is true of whole country. Cities are blue, rural is red. Cities have so many more people they control the politics. Illinois and California are two other examples.

Add New Mexico to that list - too many big city types have moved in.

It blows my mind that "everyone" isn't a conservative. But my mind operates solely on logic and reason.

That's because everyone who isn't have had it too good for too long...