Under Armour Rut Jacket

fishslap

WKR
Anyone use the under armour rut jacket? Looking for overall feedback but specifically warmth. Use would be still hunting whitetail in mixed timber in November cold temps. I’m looking for something quite that retains decent warmth when compressed by a pack/bino harness. It needs to function over base and mid layers (wool and synthetic).
My old cabelas berber fleece worked pretty good last weekend but it’s heavy. The day before I had a puffy on instead of the fleece but i got a bit clammy and it also wasn’t quite or insulating well with a pack. I noticed the UA jacket in Cabelas and it felt warm and lighter weight. The Sitka fanatic design isn’t for me and I’m not sure the kuiu proximity will be warm enough.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Bumping this thread up. If anyone has even handled this jacket in the store I’d be interested in opinions. I realize under armour might not be a first choice but it looked like it might be a good piece. I suppose something from Swazi might be an option also.

I’ve only picked one up in the store. It looks and feels nice but doesn’t seem like it would be any warmer than your average soft shell jacket. It isn’t insulated or have a very thick fleece lining. I have several UA jackets as well as Kryptek and Kuiu for comparison. I’m still thinking of buying one but would defiantly use it over a puffy insulation if still hunting in low temps. Not sure if that helps

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I’ve only picked one up in the store. It looks and feels nice but doesn’t seem like it would be any warmer than your average soft shell jacket. It isn’t insulated or have a very thick fleece lining. I have several UA jackets as well as Kryptek and Kuiu for comparison. I’m still thinking of buying one but would defiantly use it over a puffy insulation if still hunting in low temps. Not sure if that helps
Thanks for the info.