UM Tikka Rings

btb1983

FNG
I have a SHV 3-10x42 on the way. I am mounting it on a t3x 6.5. I am assuming I need the low rings but wanted to check on here before I ordered.

Also, I looked on the NF site but I can seem to find flip up caps for the above mentioned scope. Anyone have any ideas?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I use the low UM rings with an NXS 2.5-10x42 which has the same objective size and tube length as the SHV 3-10x42. Stock design and your body play into the best height for rings but the lows work for me on the factory stock, Stockys sporter, and Stockys VG.

The following are very good caps, but they are also costly:

OP
B

btb1983

FNG
I’m currently have the factory stock. I’m guessing the micro rings wouldn’t work?

I’m not opposed to spending money as long as they are good quality! Thanks for the link!

I have a SHV 3-10x42 on the way. I am mounting it on a t3x 6.5. I am assuming I need the low rings but wanted to check on here before I ordered.

Also, I looked on the NF site but I can seem to find flip up caps for the above mentioned scope. Anyone have any ideas?
UM has a sizing guide on their website. Have you referenced that?

I have that exact setup, UM low rings with an SHV 3-10x42 on a Tikka with the factory sporter barrel. Works fine, and I have enough room under the objective lens to fit a neoprene scope cover without pinching it.

The ring height seems fine when shouldering the rifle, but I later made a DIY cheek riser from pipe insulation and vet tape, and that improved the feel.

skipper907

Lil-Rokslider
Best way to measure is use coins stacked up unit the scope sits on them and does not touch barrel.
The measure coin stack and add half the diameter of the scope will give you the height you need
But most likely you will need low rings

OP
B

btb1983

FNG
I have that exact setup, UM low rings with an SHV 3-10x42 on a Tikka with the factory sporter barrel. Works fine, and I have enough room under the objective lens to fit a neoprene scope cover without pinching it.

The ring height seems fine when shouldering the rifle, but I later made a DIY cheek riser from pipe insulation and vet tape, and that improved the feel.
I have a cheek riser ready to go! I figured I would need one.

OP
B

btb1983

FNG
Best way to measure is use coins stacked up unit the scope sits on them and does not touch barrel.
The measure coin stack and add half the diameter of the scope will give you the height you need
But most likely you will need low rings
Thanks for the tip!