UM Tikka bolt handles

ElPollo

WKR
Tikkas generally just work, but the problem is all the cool stuff you can get for them. I just picked up a couple of the UM short bolt knobs and put one on this afternoon. I’ve never been particularly fond of the small, slick bolt knobs on Tikkas. But all the replacement models I’ve seen prior to this were extended length, target versions that catch on stuff. This one is shorter than the stock bolt handles so it stays tucked out of the way, but the larger knob makes it easier to operate with cold or gloves hands. It’s a subtle mod, but a good one.

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpeg
    IMG_3099.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 68

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
There has not been an excellent hunting bolt knob for the Tikkas other than the plastic bolt on variant, until now.

These are very good!

Completely agree with @ElPollo

All of the aftermarket options are too long, a terrible handle shape, and either catch on things or partially lift accidentally or too easily for a hunting gun.

These are the perfect knob for a Tikka...

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8417.jpg

OP
E

ElPollo

WKR
There has not been an excellent hunting bolt knob for the Tikkas other than the plastic bolt on variant, until now.

These are very good!

Completely agree with @ElPollo

All of the aftermarket options are too long, a terrible handle shape, and either catch on things or partially lift accidentally or too easily for a hunting gun.

These are the perfect knob for a Tikka...

View attachment 748823

View attachment 748824
Tool handle dip on the orange one? I was considering that.

fwafwow

WKR
I’m looking forward to trying mine out. Inbound when my Rokstok is shipped.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
One thing to note on these...

They DO make slight contact with the stock when fully closed. Nothing that causes issues with performance at all, BUT, if you hard cycle the bolt and have a carbon or plastic stock, it makes a slightly louder noise than factory. This would not be noticeable if you're using a wood stock. I only noticed this because it "sounded" different when I cycled the bolts in the field the first few times. I'm used to it now.

Also your stock may look like this after a few hundred hard cycles. This was a brand new stock/gun/scope as of Friday and now has 600 rounds on it over the weekend. Here is where it hits the stock.

IMG_8430.jpg

OP
E

ElPollo

WKR
One thing to note on these...

They DO make slight contact with the stock when fully closed. Nothing that causes issues with performance at all, BUT, if you hard cycle the bolt and have a carbon or plastic stock, it makes a slightly louder noise than factory. This would not be noticeable if you're using a wood stock. I only noticed this because it "sounded" different when I cycled the bolts in the field the first few times. I'm used to it now.

Also your stock may look like this after a few hundred hard cycles. This was a brand new stock/gun/scope as of Friday and now has 600 rounds on it over the weekend. Here is where it hits the stock.

View attachment 748846
I can definitely hear it impact on my VG Hunter. Not terribly concerned about that though. Mine is impacting in the notch on the handle, not the knob.