Ultraview Hinge 2 first thoughts?

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Hinge 2 in today. I'm making the switch from a wrist strap release. So far it seems very nice. The adjust-ability for the click and fire are very adjustable. I have a ways to go to get used to this style of release. I'm noticing it's a very long process, but I think I'm figuring out how to get it to the click, then fire without too much movement. Knock on wood, I haven't punched myself in the face yet....

KitsapDan

FNG
I've had both the carter 2 moons and still have the scott ascent (2 moons). Both have been a pain in the ass to set. The ultraview appears to have some common sense in the design and should work just fine. Way better than having a release with nothing faster than .014 click.
Haven’t tried an UV, but just started using a Scott Ascent and love ❤️ it! Haven’t adjusted it yet as factory set is pretty good for me.

Then again, once you got it set, your past the hard part.

I am looking into getting a UV 2 and don't know wether to get the stainless or aluminum. I have never had a hinge release before and wondering what the benefits of having the stainless over aluminum is?

I am looking into getting a UV 2 and don't know wether to get the stainless or aluminum. I have never had a hinge release before and wondering what the benefits of having the stainless over aluminum is?
Only diff is weight and price. I use the aluminum with the heavy bracket and the weight comes out perfect for me. with the alum bracket it feels too light but its all personal pref.

Kenai

WKR
I have both and like to shoot both. I started with the aluminum with the stainless hunting bracket but didn’t care for the bracket.

Then I got the stainless and really liked the additional weight. Only thing I don’t like (and it’s a very minor complaint) more about the stainless is you can feel the click more. It is very pronounced on the stainless and will send some reverb up into the string.

The weight of the release can make a difference in how slow or fast you fire. More weight in the hand will help you slow the roll/execution of the release.

ddigman3

FNG
Don't have any experience with any other hinges but have shot handhelds for a few years now. Picked up the UV2 in July and I love it. Extremely easy to setup and dial in the settings as you learn how to shoot a hinge. Highly recommend picked up the UV Button to match up with it.