Ultraview 1K Arrows

I believe the video shows Montec, but I read on some comments that the guide made him switch to a two blade.

Either way, the buffalo died but his placement with his first three shots was pretty bad. He made a post on his instagram biting back at some haters but the information was wrong. Example - he had a picture showing 'exits from the first two shots' but it was one side of the buffalo and the shots entered different sides.

Frontal shots can be devastating on many kinds of game but he messed up that first 20 yard shot on the first buffalo for sure. I'm sure the adrenaline was pumping with a big animal that close, but he got no penno and it looked horrible.

It's a shame. UV have been copping it big time on the socials since they released these ridiculous arrows. Chris has come down here and had an enjoyable hunt and now the comments for that video are blowing up. At the same time, what do they expect? Plenty of people have killed buffalo with less, but if you talk to any bowhunters down here who have done it with regularity, they would recommend north of 500gn at a minimum for most people. Especially if you're shooting 82#, so you have plenty of power on tap.

Just goes to show limitations with an arrow system and sponsorship deal such as this for Chris. If he put a 200gn head on those arrows he would have been around 525gn, which would have been great, but G5 don't make anything that heavy. I'm glad his guide didn't allow him to take an expandable. I'm not sure if his shooting ability got to his head or whatever, but to me it seems disrespectful to the hunt and to the animal. Everyone knows water buffalo are a very tough critter; why would he assume he's better than anyone else and wants to use an expandable?

In any case, the comments on instagram annoyed me more where he got his owns facts wrong and it looks like trying to pull the wool over our eyes. I saw a bloke from Australia on instagram comment that he tried to give them advice on a few different platforms before their trip, but was ignored. His handle is @adventure_today_not_tomorrow, or something similar. He's killed hundreds of buffalo with bows, so you reckon they would have paid attention?

fatlander

WKR
To be fair to the UV 1Ks, Bee said his total arrow weight is 450ish grains which is an interesting choice to me

Because he was there killing for content (KFC) to sell the ridiculously over priced arrows that don’t have the spine sizes or components available to build a buffalo arrow.

KFC >>> ETHICS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
Just saw them release these arrows and was wondering what everybody thinks.

To me the price is crazy. I get where the price is similar if you are using top of the line arrows already. Then they are pretty close in price. But at about $500 a dozen after tax is quite absurd. What does everybody else think? Are any of you gonna buy some and if you are what's the reason behind it? The hardest part for me is the componentry system. Obviously there is nothing else on the market for these. So UV will be making other components im guessing. Which will be very expensive cause well, it's UV. Let's hear it!
There quality is apparent, their tolerances are incredibly tight, straightness is .001, only downside is their a 4.5mm so there are zero aftermarket products, outserts etc that are available currently for them, so you are therefore stuck with their outsert system for the time being, not saying it’s a bad system just saying.

Zac

WKR
I believe the video shows Montec, but I read on some comments that the guide made him switch to a two blade.

Either way, the buffalo died but his placement with his first three shots was pretty bad. He made a post on his instagram biting back at some haters but the information was wrong. Example - he had a picture showing 'exits from the first two shots' but it was one side of the buffalo and the shots entered different sides.

Frontal shots can be devastating on many kinds of game but he messed up that first 20 yard shot on the first buffalo for sure. I'm sure the adrenaline was pumping with a big animal that close, but he got no penno and it looked horrible.

It's a shame. UV have been copping it big time on the socials since they released these ridiculous arrows. Chris has come down here and had an enjoyable hunt and now the comments for that video are blowing up. At the same time, what do they expect? Plenty of people have killed buffalo with less, but if you talk to any bowhunters down here who have done it with regularity, they would recommend north of 500gn at a minimum for most people. Especially if you're shooting 82#, so you have plenty of power on tap.

Just goes to show limitations with an arrow system and sponsorship deal such as this for Chris. If he put a 200gn head on those arrows he would have been around 525gn, which would have been great, but G5 don't make anything that heavy. I'm glad his guide didn't allow him to take an expandable. I'm not sure if his shooting ability got to his head or whatever, but to me it seems disrespectful to the hunt and to the animal. Everyone knows water buffalo are a very tough critter; why would he assume he's better than anyone else and wants to use an expandable?

In any case, the comments on instagram annoyed me more where he got his owns facts wrong and it looks like trying to pull the wool over our eyes. I saw a bloke from Australia on instagram comment that he tried to give them advice on a few different platforms before their trip, but was ignored. His handle is @adventure_today_not_tomorrow, or something similar. He's killed hundreds of buffalo with bows, so you reckon they would have paid attention?
This is why Mr. Fowler will never go away. I think people like Bee get caught up in their own hype. I just saw Reo Wilde and his 300 grain X10 that he’s going to hunt with. He said penetration has to do with arrow flight more than anything else. He said this right after posting a pretty decent right tear with that same hunting arrow.

It'd be an interesting conversation to have. Bullsh*t and product obligations aside, would he take the same bow and arrow setup after buffalo again, or go with something a little heavier?

The placement is just as much of a problem, clearly. And we can't be too hard on him for that necessarily. I made a poor shot on a goat on Saturday and I had to hit it again, too. It happens. In my case, I was shooting in high winds with a hinge. :ROFLMAO:

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
Too expensive. I'll stick with the best in spine consistency and straightness, Easton FMJ's....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

It'd be an interesting conversation to have. Bullsh*t and product obligations aside, would he take the same bow and arrow setup after buffalo again, or go with something a little heavier?

The placement is just as much of a problem, clearly. And we can't be too hard on him for that necessarily. I made a poor shot on a goat on Saturday and I had to hit it again, too. It happens. In my case, I was shooting in high winds with a hinge. :ROFLMAO:
I like Bee for the most part. But, yea he is personally invested in UV. His first shot should have never been taken with that arrow set up. That was the biggest mistake. A frontal shot can be devastating, but he needed an arrow with some punch to it to achieve killing penetration.

His first side shot was good. Second one he was too quick trying to get another arrow in the bull. He even said so.

I've seen Levi Morgan take bad shots for content as well. He was trying to shoot pronghorn from 100 yards.

Zac

WKR
I like Bee for the most part. But, yea he is personally invested in UV. His first shot should have never been taken with that arrow set up. That was the biggest mistake. A frontal shot can be devastating, but he needed an arrow with some punch to it to achieve killing penetration.

His first side shot was good. Second one he was too quick trying to get another arrow in the bull. He even said so.

I've seen Levi Morgan take bad shots for content as well. He was trying to shoot pronghorn from 100 yards.
Who knows that first shot may have worked. It was just a horrible shot, reminded me of some of the Born and Raised disasters on frontals.

His first shot on the buff he ended up taking wasn't as good as you would think. Entry is about where you'd like to see it but the off-side leg was forward, to the exit was a little far back. You might be able to get awya with a shot like that on deer but not with a big critter like a buffalo. He either needed to push the arrow to the left a little more, OR, wait for the on-side leg to go forward and potentially have the buff either directly broadside or potentially quartering away.

EDIT: Again, I'm not trying to grill him super hard here. I've never shot a buff and would likely freak out if I got into bow range of one. I'm just illustrating the point that in Bee's eyes, the first shot was a good one, but it wasn't that good.