Ultraview 1K Arrows

I would happily take the weight savings for something a little thinner walled. I would settle for an Axis at 9-9.3 grains which would be fine for strength with a collar.

Are those GT's? I have a buddy that just started archery last year, he has GT Hunter XT's and he breaks an arrow almost every time he misses a target. He's only shooting 65lbs and has a 27" draw. My GT Kinetic XT 200's seemed pretty brittle like that too. Out of three dozen, 17 broke behind the insert, 1 BH got pushed back into the tip, 13 wobble, and only 5 were still shootable after 3 years. I've been shooting a dozen RIP TKO's now for almost 4 years without a single failure.

So ya, there are arrows out there for everyone to meet whatever expectations they have. Perhaps even these UV 1K arrows will meet someone's expectations and they'll be happy with them. Who knows.

In my experience, the GT hunters are some of the toughest shafts out there, depends on spine of course, but mine have survived glances that put them sideways into trees. If your buddy is breaking one everytime he misses a target, I'd hate to see what he is shooting into.

About only ones I have broken have been because they were hit by another arrow or broadhead.

The .204 GT shafts, ain't been impressed with.

JStol5

WKR
Gold Tip Hunters are the sh!t.
If I ever go back to standard diameter those will be it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In my experience, the GT hunters are some of the toughest shafts out there, depends on spine of course, but mine have survived glances that put them sideways into trees. If your buddy is breaking one everytime he misses a target, I'd hate to see what he is shooting into.
I've always heard how their shafts were supposedly tough (and I've seen Gillingham's video bending them), but I just haven't seen this toughness in actual use. Most of the time his arrow will fly over or under a 3D target and we find the pieces back in the brush. I'm sure they hit branches, gravel, dirt, maybe some rocks. Just standard stuff. He's not the only one I've seen break them. Reminds me of my ultralight Victory HV 300's at 6.9gpi. They're fine into soft foam, but anything else and they're broken.

I've always heard how their shafts were supposedly tough (and I've seen Gillingham's video bending them), but I just haven't seen this toughness in actual use. Most of the time his arrow will fly over or under a 3D target and we find the pieces back in the brush. I'm sure they hit branches, gravel, dirt, maybe some rocks. Just standard stuff. He's not the only one I've seen break them. Reminds me of my ultralight Victory HV 300's at 6.9gpi. They're fine into soft foam, but anything else and they're broken.

In my experience they are no where near what a victory hv is, or a BE Carnivore.

He isn't shooting the GT ultralight is he? Those aren't nearly the same.

I'd think the GT hunter 250 shafts are damn near unbreakable, no experience with them tho, just knowing what 340's and 300's are.

Zac

WKR
The worst durability I have seen is the BE Rampage, and the GT Airstrike. A buddy of mine blew up a 350 Rampage shooting into that outdoor carpet material at a local range just the other day. Even the 250 Rampage is extremely brittle. I believe this is because both those shafts use high modulus carbon.

The worst durability I have seen is the BE Rampage, and the GT Airstrike. A buddy of mine blew up a 350 Rampage shooting into that outdoor carpet material at a local range just the other day. Even the 250 Rampage is extremely brittle. I believe this is because both those shafts use high modulus carbon.

Try some victory 3dhv or whatever the hunting version is.

Makes those Rampage shafts look like Axis.

I don't usually get too wrapped up in arrow shaft durability. I don't find it to really be an issue on animals or if you hit what you are aiming at. If I don't hit what I'm aiming at, I don't mind a stupid tax/fee.

I loose more arrows in tall grass/brush than to breaking I think. I'd rather have an arrow assembled around a targeted weight for it's purpose than to be worried about how durable it is and if it will survive trees or especially a cinderblock.

Ho5tile1

WKR
The black eagle rampage 250s are super strong been shooting the same 2 dozen for like 7 years through animals rocks dirt 2x4s smacked into trees not a single one has broke out my 2 80 pound bows the only 2 I broke was when I stuck one inside the other and the 2 that broke where the ones that had an arrow run down them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Try some victory 3dhv or whatever the hunting version is.

Makes those Rampage shafts look like Axis.

I don't usually get too wrapped up in arrow shaft durability. I don't find it to really be an issue on animals or if you hit what you are aiming at. If I don't hit what I'm aiming at, I don't mind a stupid tax/fee.

I loose more arrows in tall grass/brush than to breaking I think. I'd rather have an arrow assembled around a targeted weight for it's purpose than to be worried about how durable it is and if it will survive trees or especially a cinderblock.
I had some of them in 250 and actually thought they were decent. The BE literally cracks the shaft just by hitting a hard spot in a target. Absolutely pathetic.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Y’all must have got a bad batch cause my black eagles have taken a beating and are in perfect shape. I use the 3dhv on my 3D bow and they break if I look at them wrong but they fly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some of them in 250 and actually thought they were decent. The BE literally cracks the shaft just by hitting a hard spot in a target. Absolutely pathetic.

I shot some Rampage shafts in 300 spine for a little while. Didn't have issues with them except the halfouts.

Haven't found a halfout that didn't eventually have some sort of issues it seems.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
He isn't shooting the GT ultralight is he? Those aren't nearly the same.
Nope, he's got the Hunter XT 340's. I know because I bought them for him.

The BE Rampage 250's that I had were very brittle. Didn't like those at all. I tried the BE Spartan 250's as well, and they aren't tough either. The Sirius Apollo 250's are tough enough, but they just don't group as well as my other arrows......all with the exact same nocks and HIT inserts. My old Axis arrows are kind of the same. They're OK for durability but just don't group as well.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I don’t hate on companies like BE due to what they are trying to accomplish. I think they have been the most winning shaft on the 3D scene for a while now. They are extremely consistent due to using a very high modulus carbon. They could toughen them up by using fiberglass like the Axis. However that adds weight, and also memory issues. I do think most the failures I’ve seen can be attributed to that half out. A HIT, and a collar probably go a long ways with these shafts.

I shot BE rampage for awhile. I found them to be okay. For the price I think they are the best 5mm shaft at the price point they offer. I used the half out and had no problems. I tried some brass HIT's and for whatever reason they didn't glue in well. I tried different glue and prepped them as I had in the past using HIT's. So I'm not sure what happened there. I found the front of the shaft fine, it's the nock end that let me down. I had a ton of shafts split at the nock end, and it wasn't from shafts hitting shafts. I tried a bunch of different nocks to see if that would help (BE standard nock, East X nock, AAE IP, Bohnig A nock). Some worked slightly better than others, but they still split a lot. I didn't want to add a collar and neck down to a 4mm nock so I just sold most of them. I kept some with the split nock end and just cut them down, cutting off the split end, as long as I had rest clearance and I used them for a superlight TAC build. I would shoot them again, but I would probably buy some HIT's and collars and use a nock bushing....

3forks

WKR
I shot some Rampage shafts in 300 spine for a little while. Didn't have issues with them except the halfouts.

Haven't found a halfout that didn't eventually have some sort of issues it seems.
My experience is the same.

I can’t remember the last time an arrow shaft broke because I hit the rebar in a 3D target, or shot the wrong pin and put one into something other than the target, but I have bent a lot of half outs.

Even then though, I heat up the half out and pull it, and the shafts haven’t been cracked.

My experience is the same.

I can’t remember the last time an arrow shaft broke because I hit the rebar in a 3D target, or shot the wrong pin and put one into something other than the target, but I have bent a lot of half outs.

Even then though, I heat up the half out and pull it, and the shafts haven’t been cracked.

I'm not saying I don't break shafts. I break more than I like of my 3d shafts, but its part of the game. Relatively light and large diameter don't make for durable. They don't take impacts with other shafts well, or me being pissed when I forget to set my sight....