Ultraview 1K Arrows

Ho5tile1

WKR
Yea maybe if they actually did something that other arrows won’t do even then the price is nuts. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they not shooting a cut on contact head out of a untuned bow the same as a tuned bow. If they figure that out for real and can prove it maybe then it might be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac

HouseCL

FNG
Totally something I would do. We are all eagerly awaiting your review. I am curious about the vanes. Are they stiff? And is there a sort of pocket, or indentation in them?
I’m going to shoot them tomorrow, will post an initial review afterward

This is the silliest thing in archery to come along in a long time.

Most all of what they advertise and say make these superior can be found elsewhere in some great shafts for at least 1/4-1/3 of what they’re charging. Additionally, some of what they are promoting as “so important”, many wouldn’t be able recognize the benefits on their best day on the range. That leaves the other “features”, like others said, fix non-existent issues.

Insane….

fatlander

WKR
I have never found a standard diameter arrow that can stand up to my abuse. The wall thickness is just too thin for that.

There’s a really simple solution to archery, hit what you’re aiming at. Stop shooting shit that arrows aren’t designed to hit. The stuff that breaks or makes 6.5 mm arrows not spin true is the same stuff that broke or jacked up every 5mm and 4mm system I’ve played with.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There’s a really simple solution to archery, hit what you’re aiming at. Stop shooting shit that arrows aren’t designed to hit. The stuff that breaks or makes 6.5 mm arrows not spin true is the same stuff that broke or jacked up every 5mm and 4mm system I’ve played with.
When I shoot a grouse it hits what I'm aiming at, but it also hits the rocks, gravel, dirt behind it as well. When I hit a rebar stake inside of a 3D target I expect my arrows to survive that unscathed. When I shoot them through 2x6's, I expect them to survive that unscathed. Stump shooting in the field, I expect them to survive that unscathed. BH testing I expect them to survive that. My 5mm arrows do.

Consistency and accuracy are at the top of my priority list for arrows, but durability and toughness are right up there really close to the first two. I used to have a stack of ACC's, and they are a great arrow. But not for durability.

Reactions: Zac

fatlander

WKR
When I shoot a grouse it hits what I'm aiming at, but it also hits the rocks, gravel, dirt behind it as well. When I hit a rebar stake inside of a 3D target I expect my arrows to survive that unscathed. When I shoot them through 2x6's, I expect them to survive that unscathed. Stump shooting in the field, I expect them to survive that unscathed. BH testing I expect them to survive that. My 5mm arrows do.

1.) Shoot an arrow you don’t care about at grouse and stumps.

2.) Don’t hit the steel in 3D targets. They typically line up about where a shoulder knuckle would be.

3.) Don’t shoot 2x6s.

6.5s with brass have all come through all that above just fine. Many of them won’t spin true after that type of impact, but I’ve yet to find a 5mm system that was even 3x the price that would either.

Good luck out there.

I am trying to break this down logically.....sorry for the length....I am so confused....

If you are going to charge a premium price for 12 arrows, essentially $37 an arrow before tax and shipping then it should offer something what would prove an additional increase in performance to justify the price. I don't mind a premium price if I know I am getting something far superior to what else might be offered. For example I don't mind that Iron Will offers 12 arrows with their components and field tips (all premium materials) and custom built with their process (also very tight tolerance) for $449 a dozen. I know I am getting really quality materials (including proven 5mm shafts) and built with a very robust process and USA made. And I can also just buy the components and the arrows and build them myself and it is still less than UV..... So comparably, does UV offer the same material/performance?....

The arrows are produced by victory which can make a good shaft for sure (I shoot RIP TKO which I bought on Rokslide for a huge discount). The components are steel and aluminum and also leave a lot to be desired. I have never liked victory outserts and buy others.Their field tips? Are they aluminum? Steel? I can't tell. And an o-ring and coating is nothing to to justify $20 for 6. Trophy Ridge has been doing an o-ring for years (and others). I pay for Smith Bros tips, made in Redmond, OR USA and are premium materials (and they are still only $2ea). Many companies now offer a premium tip (Podium, Easton, Sevr, Iron Will) and many are USA made with premium steel, which I will gladly pay for. And there is no way I am going to pay $400 a dozen only to strip the vanes and wraps so I can use other materials and the same applies for the components...even if someone else offered them for me at 4.5mm.......we would be easily looking at $500 a dozen at that point and I usually buy 2 dozen arrows and at $1000 for 2 dozen arrows built with components I want..... I would buy another bow....

This does not even address the 4.5mm problem. As others have mentioned how is this better than a 5mm shaft that I don't have to use a fluted outsert to use standard broadheads or better than a 4mm shaft with better penetration and component options that are better materials??....I don't understand. It doesn't seem to be a Goldilocks situation here where 4.5mm is "just right." I have shot 4mm shafts and the worst part is the outsert problem...it really has to be premium made tight tolerance and arrow has to be cut and squared and assembled well or you can get bad wobble, even then some tips bend on impact..which is why I prefer a 5mm shaft. 4.5mm just takes away the benefits of that without offering better wind drift resistance or penetration. This has nothing against UV, but the concept of 4.5mm, which would apply to any company.

The question I have, will other companies see a market opportunity here at 4.5mm and build better components or will they see this as too much work/overhead for a niche market....if no one else is going to build components for the 4.5mm shaft it makes it so much more difficult.

The UV vanes are unproven as of yet. And still the price... $40 for 6 arrow kits, are they a better material? Stiffer? Easier to fletch? Not sure. I fletch my own and I pay $20-25 for a 100 pack of vanes...but at the price UV is offering, even when they release the vanes alone it will likely be more expensive and I will pass.

I enjoy UV as a company trying to innovate and push the industry forward. Their designs on many things I enjoy and can see the benefit of concept at least. The arrows aren't really for me.

Now if Easton could make a 5mm 300 spine shaft that didn't weigh 10.7gpi.....

Last edited:
I also respect the right of free capitalism to produce and charge what you think your product is worth and for the consumer to pay for it. If you have the money and want to buy it, do.

I will gladly tinker with these if anyone wants to send me a few...

Jbehredt

WKR
They look really clean, I will give them that. But not only do these not solve any problems but they may create them. At 4.5mm you don’t get the pros of a 5mm(components and durability) and then you don’t even get the pros of extra small diameter of a 4mm. You get the worst of both worlds. Not too even mention the fact you can’t customize them and their insane price.not even made in the USA.

These will just turn into a fanboy status symbol.
Reminds me of when Homer Simpson discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch.

Zac

WKR
I would just like to see some of their reasoning on 4.5mm. If they don’t provide it people will come to the conclusion that it was done to simply force people into very specific components.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
1.) Shoot an arrow you don’t care about at grouse and stumps. I do. But they're the same arrows I shoot every day for target or animals.

2.) Don’t hit the steel in 3D targets. They typically line up about where a shoulder knuckle would be. Actually they line up a lot of times straight up the leg.......i.e. just below many of the rings on 3D targets. Misjudge a distance and thwack. And sometimes that rebar or the metal sleeve extends even higher right behind the rings. It happens, but my arrows survive without a wobble.

3.) Don’t shoot 2x6s. I like shooting through 2x6's.......just part of my arrow and BH testing. Along with shooting angled shots with BH's through 3/4" plywood.
These are reasons I'm so particular about my arrows. I will not have an arrow or BH failure on an animal. They survive my testing or I move on to something else.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I have been kicking around the idea of switching to a 4mm arrow and have decided on all the components I want, then I looked at the pricing. I decided to stick with my 5mm Axis which are tried and true, tough as nails and less money. These guys came out with a proprietary arrow which I have to use their components because it’s an odd size and pay double what I would normally? My son uses the Ultraview button and is a fan of their stuff but even he realizes that until more companies come out with components for these he will not be buying them. I am all for using what I feel is the best equipment and don’t mind paying more if I feel it’s superior but I can’t shoot good enough to notice a difference, hell I doubt 90% of people could. Easton has been around for over a 100 years and are American made, in their own factories where they can control the process not made overseas with little oversight. I am all for companies innovating and I hope they continue to design new products but I think these a stretch for the average hunter and I won’t be buying them.

There is a big thread on Archery Talk about this as well. It's made for interesting reading.

As has been stated already, this looks like a very expensive solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

I worked out that they would be $675AUD for a dozen. The current arrows I use are $185AUD for a dozen (but I do get a small discount). When I buy the arrows I use I cut them, spin them, glue in the components, slide some Easy Vanes on, and go shooting/hunting. I have no trouble maintaining A grade scores in the ABA competitions here, no problem holding 10 in groups at 100m, no problem broadhead tuning with fixed blades out to about 40-50 metres, and no problem killing stacks of animals.

The slogan about "being a better bowhunter rather than being a good arrow builder" sounds good on paper, but the reality is that most people need to focus on being better shooters above all else. These arrows might be super consistent, but will the average Joe be able to shoot the difference between these and other popular arrows? It's highly unlikely, and even if they could, does that justify the insane price?

Having said that, I'm sure they'd still break if I hit a granite boulder with them (which happens regularly for me) and I'd still lose them in the long grass like any other arrows. I go through several dozen arrows every year with the amount of hunting we do down here and there is no way any of that experience would be improved upon by a product such as this.

fatlander

WKR
These are reasons I'm so particular about my arrows. I will not have an arrow or BH failure on an animal. They survive my testing or I move on to something else.

6a54a230425ec4bee351885477b621bc.jpg

e40373e2c138b026ac57571af1c17488.jpg

Impeccable timing to forget to rack my sight back to its zero. Not a cured 2x6, but white oak is still pretty hard. Arrow still spins true.

Kularrow

WKR
I truly believe when it comes to the economy of bowhunting, you can’t discount the power of Adult on set Hunters. These are guys with established careers and money to spend, they never shot Bear bows or Walmart arrows. The same guy who buys a new bow every year to “gain that slight advantage” will absolutely buy these arrows. As someone else said, I think it’s a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Not a cured 2x6, but white oak is still pretty hard. Arrow still spins true.
Are those GT's? I have a buddy that just started archery last year, he has GT Hunter XT's and he breaks an arrow almost every time he misses a target. He's only shooting 65lbs and has a 27" draw. My GT Kinetic XT 200's seemed pretty brittle like that too. Out of three dozen, 17 broke behind the insert, 1 BH got pushed back into the tip, 13 wobble, and only 5 were still shootable after 3 years. I've been shooting a dozen RIP TKO's now for almost 4 years without a single failure.

So ya, there are arrows out there for everyone to meet whatever expectations they have. Perhaps even these UV 1K arrows will meet someone's expectations and they'll be happy with them. Who knows.

fatlander

WKR
Are those GT's? I have a buddy that just started archery last year, he has GT Hunter XT's and he breaks an arrow almost every time he misses a target. He's only shooting 65lbs and has a 27" draw. My GT Kinetic XT 200's seemed pretty brittle like that too. Out of three dozen, 17 broke behind the insert, 1 BH got pushed back into the tip, 13 wobble, and only 5 were still shootable after 3 years. I've been shooting a dozen RIP TKO's now for almost 4 years without a single failure.

So ya, there are arrows out there for everyone to meet whatever expectations they have. Perhaps even these UV 1K arrows will meet someone's expectations and they'll be happy with them. Who knows.

That arrow is a Hunter XT .300 at 29” and 70# from a fast bow.

Maybe I’m lucky? Me and the guys I hunt with just don’t have the failures people talk about with standard diameter arrows. I beat the hell out of my arrows during hunting season. Usually punch at least a dozen tags each fall, and I don’t break arrows.

The only time I break arrows is with another arrow going in the back end of it.