Ultraview 1K Arrows

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw them release these arrows and was wondering what everybody thinks.

To me the price is crazy. I get where the price is similar if you are using top of the line arrows already. Then they are pretty close in price. But at about $500 a dozen after tax is quite absurd. What does everybody else think? Are any of you gonna buy some and if you are what's the reason behind it? The hardest part for me is the componentry system. Obviously there is nothing else on the market for these. So UV will be making other components im guessing. Which will be very expensive cause well, it's UV. Let's hear it!

big44a4

WKR
Just saw them release these arrows and was wondering what everybody thinks.

To me the price is crazy. I get where the price is similar if you are using top of the line arrows already. Then they are pretty close in price. But at about $500 a dozen after tax is quite absurd. What does everybody else think? Are any of you gonna buy some and if you are what's the reason behind it? The hardest part for me is the componentry system. Obviously there is nothing else on the market for these. So UV will be making other components im guessing. Which will be very expensive cause well, it's UV. Let's hear it!

I can build all titanium components victory RIP TKO or SS for cheaper. I don’t think those arrows can be beat.

I like that they went stainless post on their outsert. No options for weight at the moment though. I have many people wanting light and durable can’t do that with 75gr component.

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
I can build all titanium components victory RIP TKO or SS for cheaper. I don’t think those arrows can be beat.

I like that they went stainless post on their outsert. No options for weight at the moment though. I have many people wanting light and durable can’t do that with 75gr component.

That was exactly my first thought when I saw them. Is you can build victory TKO's for cheaper. And TKO arrows are insane.

RC_

FNG
  • 4.5mm is intriguing, although keeps you captive to UV for components for time being
  • The vanes look great
  • Nice marketing video
  • Hilariously expensive
  • I won’t be buying
I can’t imagine these are really any superior to existing high end shafts given manufacturing is done by Victory. If they are better, very few people are good enough shooters to probably benefit.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
LOL! It crazy to think people think that if it cost more it HAS TO BE BETTER!!!!
I use to shoot pretty damn expense shafts..... cause I didnt have to pay for them! Since moving on from all that.... I now shoot the cheapest GT shafts they make! I was never a paper puncher but loved the 3-d scene!
I don't shoot 3-d like I use to but I can still shoot a 3-d course just fine..... Hunting..... I have yet to find a critter that complained or refused to die bye a $5 shaft.... I have 3 DZ left and when these shafts are gone.... Ill be ordering some un branded blank shafts online.....
Im not expert... but its carbon.... and we all know where its coming from! Kinda like the tripod game.... all of a sudden everyone has a carbon tripod... another example... use to be involved in BMX racing.... crazy how much a carbon wheel set cost! But if I wanted to I could buy carbon hoops that looked EXACTLY the same with the exact same specs for a 1/4 of the price..... but they didn't have the companys logo on them.....
I will end with, Archery does involve ALOT of confidence! If a $300-$500 set of arrows gives you that bit of confidence more power to you!!!
Cheers gents!

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
  • 4.5mm is intriguing, although keeps you captive to UV for components for time being
  • The vanes look great
  • Nice marketing video
  • Hilariously expensive
  • I won’t be buying
I can’t imagine these are really any superior to existing high end shafts given manufacturing is done by Victory. If they are better, very few people are good enough shooters to probably benefit.
I agree with you here. the part i am most interested in is the vanes

Seems like an insanely expensive solution to a non-existent problem. The diameter falls in the no-man's land where a standard point/head is too large to fit directly in the shaft and a Deep Six is too small...so your only option is an overpriced half-out in a size that only Ultraview makes.

But I guess if they eliminate the need to tune your bow, maybe they're worth the exorbitant price..."Even when shooting with an out-of-tune bow, the 1K carbon guarantees unmatched consistency":ROFLMAO:

wnelson14

WKR
Crazy nobody has ever killed an animal with an arrow before these came out, (Sarcasm)

They look cool but there is no need, plus I like building my arrows. Wouldn't mind trying the vanes.
Might be worth it when they are 1/2 off in a year when they come out with 2.0.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I use Sirius Apollo's which I've found to be incredibly tough arrows that fly great @ $215 per dozen I've hit my max per bare shaft that I'm willing to spend. There has to be a limit to what one wants to spend and for a piece of equipment that is in all reality disposable these UV arrows are not it. As others have said there are people who will use them, but I just don't see the benefits or draw other then having the Gucci gear.

Zac

WKR
The price doesn't surprise me. 1K is insanely expensive to produce. Firenock is the only company out there that I know of that is already doing it. 12 shafts with no components goes for 220. So the price doesn't seem that far off for components, vanes etc. However the ID of these is a head scratcher for sure. They have to use a bushing on the back just to get a .166 nock in. So they didn't solve anything as far as lighted nocks are concerned. The vanes look like an air foil to me. So they are probably paying patent fees to Firenock for those.

Kularrow

WKR
I’m guessing if you think they’re way overpriced you’re not their customer demographic anyway. The UV slider proved as much.

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like an insanely expensive solution to a non-existent problem. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly could not have said it better myself. People are gonna get these arrows and be like "wait I still have to tune my bow. I thought since these cost so much no tuning was needed"

wapitibob

WKR
Unless UV just spent a bunch of money they don't make anything but some 3d printed stuff.

PVD coating on a field point LOL

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Does having a quiver full of "unmatched synergy" increase or decrease my chances of a successful bow hike? Trying to see how it will work in conjunction with my new arcteryx power pants.

philcox

WKR
They are capitalizing on the seeming endless stream of available cash from the influx of people who have little hunting experience (e.g., don't have something that has proven itself out over the years) and rely primarily on influencers to direct their spending. The key, however, is the "endless stream of cash" to spend. I for one shoot a Gold Tip Hunter XT arrow. As Forged in Fire would say "It will keel"

TheTone

WKR
“UV 1K is designed by ULTRAVIEW and built by Victory.”

Gotta love the marketing lol
Should have said made by the same Chinese factory as victory

I don’t get the diameter at all. Only real advantage to 4mm is the wind resistance but you get to deal with outserts and the issues they create. With a 5mm you may lost a tiny bit to wind but can at least use HIT’s.

The gpi of the 300’s and 350’s mean you’re going to be looking at some really thin walled arrows