Ultralight tent lantern solution!

branw33

FNG
I wired an individual LED from a strip to a usb cable, cast it in acrylic for protection and boom, ultralight LED tent lantern! It will run for about 30 hours with a small 10,000 MaH power bank and weighs nothing. IMG_3551.jpegIMG_3553.jpegIMG_3554.png
Would be happy to make them for anyone interested.

FNG
very cool. How much does it weigh and how much would it cost to make?

OP
B

branw33

FNG
very cool. How much does it weigh and how much would it cost to make?
I can put it on a scale, but Id say it weighs 2 ounces. Costs me about $5-10 to make depending on if you have to buy a USB charging cable.

fishslap

WKR
Can you provide a link to the LED you used? I have extra USB cables after upgrading my iPhone which has a different connection type. Perfect use for them.

OP
B

branw33

FNG
Can you provide a link to the LED you used? I have extra USB cables after upgrading my iPhone which has a different connection type. Perfect use for them.
I bought these lights about 3 years ago, but these look identical. Mine are also multicolored, but just solder to the "white" connection point.

I just tested one of the 2 you sent me, actually not 100% sure the nitecore 10k was fully charged and it lasted about 35 hours 👍 thanks for making these!

I'm damn keen on these but in NZ- sick of the GoalZero turning itself on or not being charged enough in my haste to get into the hills