Ultralight Rear Bag

treillw

WKR
Best ultralight rear shooting bag to carry 1,000 miles through the mountains?

Minimum size around the size of a normal soda can.

Thanks!

I was given a small bag, about the size of a soda can, but it was filled with sand. I took it to a local sewer with a bag of mini beads I got from Walmart and he sewed it up for me. I think its around 3oz.

Lawnboi

WKR
I would never carry something that serves only the purpose of a rear bag.

Pint sized game changer with git lite fill is a pound and does everything.

Reactions: NSI

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I am liking the psgc with git lite, or the lswild mini tacky that @hereinaz sells. Great to be able to use at balance over a rock or as a rear bag.

-J

Lawnboi

WKR
What else does it do other than be a rear bag? A front bag?
Yea a front bag. Rocks, logs, stumps tree limbs.
Makes an okay addition as a pillow as well.

Since starting to carry it, my most used shooting support.

I’ll personally strap a one pound bag to my pack and cut elseswhere. I’m there to shoot things and the bag makes me undoubtably more stable in most field positions that previously were not.

atmat

WKR
SSS pillow only weighs 7 oz and it’s awesome in that it doubles as a buttpad while glassing. Definitely makes a decent pillow too. I strap it to the outside of my pack.

7mm-08

WKR
Short Action Precision lightweight bag. $45 and 5 ounces. Worth it for me and my confidence.

I have the phoenix xsmall bag from go hunt I think it's 6.oz i like it. before I did the dual purpose thing and just used my rain shell stuffed in it's pocket as a rear bag. I shoot the same tho
Well maybe I have the x small, either way it weighs nothing and has been a game changer for prone shots! Buddy used to use the puffy route and is going to buy a Phoenix bag now.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our ultralight bag is 2.5 ounces.
The Triple S Pillow is 7 ounces.
The Mini Waxed is about a pound with Git Lite.

www.lswild.com

When it comes to front and rear support, nothing beats a bag. If you are just trying to reach out to 300, maybe 400 you can use a lot of things already in your bag, or nothing at all.

Like @Lawnboi said, I am there to kill so I don’t skimp on killing gear. You can use all sorts of stuff, but if you aren’t practicing with your bag filled with game bags at the range, you shouldn’t count on the same precision and accuracy.

I have played with all sorts of options, and nothing is better pound for pound than a bag filled with Git-lite as a rear bag. Our waxed flat and waxed mini are the two best options for serious back country hunters.