Ultralight Hunting Podcast

As a long time member of the ‘slide and in the Lightweight Zone, I thought some of you might want to listen to an interview I did this week on the Mindful Hunter Podcast. It covers a lot of ground, from mindset to being ultralight yet still effective as a mountain hunter.

a22b476b66d5a30cc72ef160012570bc.jpg

JohnB

WKR
Good thoughts Ben. Thanks for sharing!! I'm sure jealous of the opportunities that are available in AK and a bit more resolved to get further back in the woods here next fall.

chasewild

WKR
This is a good listen.

In the law game, so much is placed on the value of success. What was your GPA, were you on law review, what school did you go to, where did you clerk -- the list goes on. Explaining the value of failure to people who haven't is often difficult; interviewing before a table full of sterling resumes, or arguing to a judge who's job is to not make mistakes, not to fail.

We don't want cars that fail, we don't want tents that collapse, packs that buckle, or a bow that won't hold tune. But most important, I don't want to fail.

The difference between people and things is what Ben talks about: character. Build it, break it, build it, break it, and then do it over and over and over until it can't be broken. In hunts, as in life, that's the value of failure. Fortifying our character to be successful on the next hunt, the next interview, the next argument.

Keep up the good (hard) work.