Ultimate Rokslide Special: Rokstok, Tikka 223, Maven 1.2

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
That looks like a shooter. The paint looks good. I personally think the Rokstock is an ugly looking stock, but for eeking out performance, looks don't necessarily matter, only function.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Bought it a new maven!
be9461206c1a912ec51935e5082d870f.jpg
With a bomber drop tested Maven on it it’s ready for a cliff test!!!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I have two Ultimate Rokslide Specials. Mine are a lot uglier than @realunlucky s gun though...

IMG_8411.jpg

Some folks were asking for weights:

Tikka .223 8 Twist 20" Blued Lite Contour Barrel
RokStok Bart 3B Channel, Cerakote, Spartan/Pic Rail
Maven RS1.2 MIL
UM Tikka Low Rings
Standard Bolt
UM Tikka Bolt Handle
High Desert Bottom Metal
No Magazine
8 lbs 6 oz

IMG_8416.jpg

Tikka .243 8 Twist 20" Medium Heavy Profile Stainless Cerakoted Fluted Barrel
RokStok Bart 3B Channel, Cerakote, Spartan/Pic Rail
Maven RS1.2 MIL
UM Tikka Low Rings
Fluted Bolt
UM Tikka Bolt Handle
High Desert Bottom Metal
5/8-24 Muzzle Thread Cap On
No Magazine
8 lbs 10 oz
IMG_8417.jpg

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I need a Rokstok for my 223, and those UM bolt knobs for all my Tikkas.

I think a nitrided T1x with UM mods to lighten the action and deep flutes cut in the barrel would be sweet too. Especially threaded at 16 inches with a suppressor. Perhaps a wood RokStok to really go wild.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
@mxgsfmdpx how do the UM knobs compare to factory?
They are excellent. All the other “oversize” bolt handles and knobs I’ve used suck honestly. They are either too long, not round, or make the bolt lift way too easily which isn’t a good thing when hunting.

This one maintains factory position while giving you a little more meat to grab, without getting in the way due to being too large or a non rounded shape. Closer to my Sako 85 bolt handles (see below), but even better actually.
IMG_8419.jpeg

I’m not trying to be a UM “fanboy” on this, but they are perfect.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
They are excellent. All the other “oversize” bolt handles and knobs I’ve used suck honestly. They are either too long, not round, or make the bolt lift way too easily which isn’t a good thing when hunting.

This one maintains factory position while giving you a little more meat to grab, without getting in the way due to being too large or a non rounded shape. Closer to my Sako 85 bolt handles (see below), but even better actuall.

I had the same experience on the few aftermarket options I tried and am using the factory handles at present. I will have to give those a try.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I had the same experience on the few aftermarket options I tried and am using the factory handles at present. I will have to give those a try.
Yep these are really good. Next best are the factory tikka bolt on oversized plastic caps. Not as nice as these UM knobs though.

Brazo264

FNG
Just picked up my rifle back from Unknown Munitions. Tikka 223 action was lightened with the barrel chopped and threaded to 18 inches. Dropped it into a new Rokstock and topped with a SWFA 6x. Finished it off with a scythe.
4cb1f35665c2a1ab9e98f219b2663a23.jpg

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
@realunlucky what colors and pattern did you ask for? Looks great man best of luck with it