UA Storm Hoodie?

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have one of these?

I am not much of an UA guy. I like Merino. But I got a UA hoodie for christmas and on the tag is says Storm and "water resistant"

Of course saw the water resistant, said BS and took it to the sink. Stuck my whole arm under the water and it rolled right of. What the? Did it again, it wouldnt soak in. I think its too cool to be true and I cant see it lasting. Wonder if it will quit after its washed once?

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I have one i got as a gift, i like it and it is fairly water repellent but i assume it is just a spray on coating just like the softshells have.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah my Kryptek Pants and Coat do the same thing. Im sure a prolonged Rain pounding will eventually get through. If the Seams arnt sealed those will also leak. most of the newer outdoor gear these days will have some sort of a DWR Finish on them if they are decent quality. You can replenish that over time as it starts to leak. Just make sure you do it outside with a mask =-).

eleaf

FNG
The Storm Hoodies are nice. I have a few of them and use them regularly. They are reasonably water resistant but water will get through after a good rain. The water will just roll off unless it's really coming down.

The one thing they don't do that well is resist wind. If it's anything more than a small breeze, the wind will cut right through.

I wouldn't use one as an outer layer hunting unless it was pretty mild out (early season), though I might use it as an insulating layer on cooler days (though not cold). I normally use mine as everyday wear during the fall or milder winter days.

The storm hoodies are good gear.

OP
ChadS

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I was trying to figure out if it might fit into the system somewhere. It really doesnt 'feel' like it weighs that much. Maybe a decent breathable mid layer or outer layer in cool low wind weather?

eleaf

FNG
Yeah I was trying to figure out if it might fit into the system somewhere. It really doesnt 'feel' like it weighs that much. Maybe a decent breathable mid layer or outer layer in cool low wind weather?

That would probably work great, particularly as an outer layer (with a hard shell if the rain really starts to come down). Anything lower than "cool" I wouldn't mess with it though.