Two puffys, or one?

OP
TheViking

TheViking

WKR
The Santa brought me a third down puffy this year. Such a nice guy.

I’m just really trying to cut down my amount of gear this year. I bring totes and totes worth of crap every hunt and use 1/4 of it. Obviously there are things you can’t go without, and can’t not bring along.

sndmn11

WKR
I’m just really trying to cut down my amount of gear this year. I bring totes and totes worth of crap every hunt and use 1/4 of it. Obviously there are things you can’t go without, and can’t not bring along.
The one he brought me is an everyday use, I will probably take it bowhunting too.

prm

WKR
Arc’teryx Atom and a Kifaru LPP for me.

edit:
base layer
Kuiu Peleton 240
Atom
LPP
Light rain jacket.

Layer as appropriate. But that is everything I need for archery through late season.

Last edited:

ToolMann

WKR
Same as some other posts. I have 2. If it's real cold and I know I'll be glassing for extended periods, both go in my pack.

S.Clancy

WKR
I bring 1 tote for 10-14 days. You are packing your fears and inexperience.

OP
TheViking

TheViking

WKR
I bring 1 tote for 10-14 days. You are packing your fears and inexperience.

I wouldn’t call it inexperience, just a case of the ‘what-if’s’. I over analyze and over think the crap out of everything. (Engineer by trade) blessing and a curse.

Working on fixing it.

OP
TheViking

TheViking

WKR
Indeed.

Had some gear fail on me (a few times) early in my hunting career. That’s also partially why the way I am. Extra this, spare that, etc

Again, that’s my goal this year is to cut all that crap down.

S.Clancy

WKR
I wouldn’t call it inexperience, just a case of the ‘what-if’s’. I over analyze and over think the crap out of everything. (Engineer by trade) blessing and a curse.

Working on fixing it.
I'm an engineer too.

I've had a list since I started solo backpacking at 17. I used to make a note of things I used and didnt. Turns out I didnt need that much. Some ingenuity and fieldcraft can cut the amount of stuff you bring by 60-70%.

The only "extra" I bring is a headlamp. I always have 2 of those

I’ve been wearing the feathered friends Helios down jacket with the hood for 5 years. It is always in my pack.
Mark