Turret press

joemulkey

FNG
So I'm looking at getting a turret press. What's the votes Redding or rcbs. Or neither? I don't have experience with either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muttly

WKR
Redding. Pretty handy, the plates are big enough you can machine em out for bigger dies if you're so inclined. Pretty sturdy, pretty smooth, not much flex...
They both have great customer support. Do a little research on both of them, take a look at the bench foot print, in case that factors in.
Don't often get all 7 stations going at once, but there are those occasions that yer juggling calibers, like not having to pull stuff down to do a quick switch.

OP
J

joemulkey

FNG
I'm new to reloading so forgive my ignorance. Y three presses. Y not just have different turrets for one press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking of getting a turret press now... did a search and this thread is pretty thin.

Anyone have more insights to offer? OP, did you pull the trigger on one?

dla

WKR
Lee Classic Turret is the best - by far. It is the only entry-level press I recommend anymore. You can spend more but you won't gain a thing.

By the way, I think it is better to start new than to reply on a necro-thread.

I got a Redding T7 and absolutely love it. My buddy got the RCBS and it works, but not near as stout. I don't really use mine like a progressive, but it is nice not having to re-setup dies.

I’ve had rcbs and the Redding turret press. The quality and fit is better on the Redding. The nice thing about a turret over a single stage for me is that I can “set it and forget it” during load development. I typically still complete one action on all of my cases at a time then switch to the next function.

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive used a Lee turret for all my loading. Run it as a single stage for rifle calibers and easily swap it back to turret mode for pistol rounds. Ive been pleased enough with it.

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
Redding I love my T7 been thinking about getting a Area 419 but mine works great