Truck Bed Canopy Dust Proofing

Been working on dustproofing the bed/canopy and had my Snugtop's "dust flap" adhesive melt off in the eastern WA/OR summer heat. Might just warranty replace it but wondering if there are any better options out there.

I installed the ESI ROK Block gasketing to help with the seams in the tailgate. Anyone ever tried a gasket like that instead of a flap?

Dust flap in question.

1725841476954.png

Glamour shot from last night.

1725841202148.png

yfarm

WKR
Reinstall with black 3m 5200 won’t ever come off. Bulb seal all 3 sides of the tailgate.
Best dust control is positive pressure inside the topper ala Caravan Camper Shells of Reno NV. Have considered installing 4” solar powered marine vent in the forward roof of mine to duplicate what Caravan does or remove the rear cab window and forward shell window and use the truck hvac to produce the pressure.

I worked on this years ago. The cab vent on the truck is typically between the cab and box. If you look in there with fan on high and not recirculate you will see, hear, the air blowing out. Earlier Chevy I did had about a 10X3 vent with louvers that pop open.
I cut a picture frame of high density 3 inch foam and worked it in between box and cab. Pain in butt but managed to do it from below with assistance from above using push sticks like broom handle, 1X2 etc.
I found some pop in plastic round vents and drilled holes with a hole saw in box to "pressurize" the box. I would put fan on high when I transition to gravel. Put positive pressure in box. Worked fabulously! Should have patented it. LOL
Was also going to experiment with wheelbarrow class tube and inflate in place. Never got around to that one.
The key is positive pressure in box. I have heard of putting a fan on topper front to do same. Would need rain louver.

ODB

WKR
I use that gray insulating tubing you can find at Lowe’s. I stuff it in the tailgate cracks from the inside. I have thought about a small fan to create positive pressure - testing in the sliding window first then a Permanent mount if satisfied.

Can any owners here confirm that the RSI Smartcap has a passive air scoop just in front of the rear cross bar? or is there a fan in there? I gotta look for aftermarket accessories. Maybe marine? +1 @SteveAndTheCrigBoys

Backyard

WKR
A tube of clear silicone for the seam all around the bed inside. And a roll of tailgate weatherstrip sealed mine real well. And it was far cheaper than $3,500-4,000 for an RSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Silicone around perimeter of bed
- Zip tape over any holes in bed
- Amazon kit that includes EPDM rubber seal for bottom of tailgate to bed and bulb seals for up each side of tailgate to bed
- Rubber seal at top of bed rails where camper sits

I did the above and eliminated 95% of dust from getting in my shell, all for about $50

wapitibob

WKR
Very little dust gets in when I have the tonneau cover on the truck. I remove the cover and bedrug when hauling the atv.

IMG_0743.jpeg

TSAMP

WKR
Just leave the slider on the front of the canopy open.
I do this on mine nearly 24/7. I did it in a nasty t storm this summer and didn't want to stop to close it. My dogs were inside and when we got through I stopped and they were dry as can be. Couldn't believe how little water got through.