Tripods and EL 12X50

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for the best way to get my 12x50 ELs on a tripod. Don’t have time to send them into outdoorsman for the stud install so I need some kind of clamp.

Brianb3

WKR
Pretty sure you just buy a stud from outdoorsman’s it’s just a screw in. Don’t have to send anything in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoBeav

WKR
The Aziak bino clamp works well.

However, you'll want the stud eventually. For functionality, you can't beat it.

I have the outdoorsman stud and my only complaint is that if you leave the post attached to the stud so you can put a spotter on your tripod, the binos won't fit in the bino harness with the post attached. Makes it an easy item to misplace. If your tripod is dedicated bino tripod (which mine is 80% of the time) then it's a non issue. Everything else about the outdoorsman stud is awesome. Another big benefit of the outdoorsman that seems overlooked is that the binos can swivel so that if your tripod isn't level, you can level the binos (to an extent) to your eyes and don't have to tilt your head. This advantage was made clear on a spring bear hunt where I was running the Outdoorsman and a buddy had a clamp style on his EL's.

ID_Matt

WKR
I had the outdoorsman stud installed on mine and eventually switched to the aziak bino camp, now that is all I use. Once less piece to lose. I believe Tricer is making one too.