Tripod recommendations appreciated

Djs22

FNG
Looking for tripod recommendations for the back country in Colorado. Will be using this with an angled Vortex diamondback spotter and some viper Binos. Durability, weight, price, ease of switching back and forth etc will all be considered. Vortex website has some for $1200 which I though was ubsurd. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
If you want the ability to stand up and glass I like the Slik 634 as a good versitile budget option (got mine used for $150). Extends to full head height and collapses down narrow for packing. If you're weight conscious, pair with a good compact lightweight pan head and you'll be set. I've been running the 634 and Wiser Nighthawk for a couple seasons now. Excellent combo.

OP
D

Djs22

FNG
OP
D

Djs22

FNG
If you want the ability to stand up and glass I like the Slik 634 as a good versitile budget option (got mine used for $150). Extends to full head height and collapses down narrow for packing. If you're weight conscious, pair with a good compact lightweight pan head and you'll be set. I've been running the 634 and Wiser Nighthawk for a couple seasons now. Excellent combo.
Thanks!

Absolutely love my Aziak

Dennis

WKR
I have two of these Slik tripods when I am away from the truck with added legs spikes. I have mine setup with the Spartan Davros heads with adaptors on all my optics and rifles. The link is for the taller version at 2.3 lbs. and 64" tall. The medium version is 1.72 lbs. and 42.9" tall.

IMG_0114.jpeg

For glassing while seated... The Slik Pro CF 632 has been solid. I use it with an Outdoorsmans Pan head. Given the size and weight... It's great with 10 x 42 binoculars and good with a 65mm spotter (although I would go much bigger).

rcook10

WKR
For glassing while seated... The Slik Pro CF 632 has been solid. I use it with an Outdoorsmans Pan head. Given the size and weight... It's great with 10 x 42 binoculars and good with a 65mm spotter (although I would go much bigger).
+1 on the 632 for seated use! With a good panhead it is incredibly stable for it's size on top of being very light and a decent price. I use mine with a small rig ch10 which punches way above its weight class for 30-40$. Stepping up in size you can get a sirui st-124 for a standing height tripod with the gold standard of smooth VA-5 head for about 200$ off amazon regularly. It is very compact for the size and a reasonable weight.

OP
D

Djs22

FNG
I have two of these Slik tripods when I am away from the truck with added legs spikes. I have mine setup with the Spartan Davros heads with adaptors on all my optics and rifles. The link is for the taller version at 2.3 lbs. and 64" tall. The medium version is 1.72 lbs. and 42.9" tall.

View attachment 742206
So you are using this tripod as your shooting brace and for your optics? Just putting an adapter plate on each item so you can switch quickly?

Dennis

WKR
So you are using this tripod as your shooting brace and for your optics? Just putting an adapter plate on each item so you can switch quickly?
Yes, I use the Spartan Davros head on my light weight tripods and a Spartan Javelin bipod for my rifle setup using their gunsmith adapter's. Then I use their optic adapters on my binocular tower and spotting scope. I also modify the tripods to allow the legs to spread further. One system for rifles and optics.

Give me a call at 516-217-1000 to discuss the options. As a sponsor here we offer great deals for Rokslide members

Joel
Camera Land

Tricer.
Having used a few different cf tripods, Tricer, with the inverted leg design is in a different category.