Tripod Reccomendations

nn76858

FNG
This is probably not going to be as specific as most would like but would love some advice. I live on the east coast and do about 2 out west trips a year. Usually a back country elk trip and a kansas deer trip on the Prarie. Looking for recommendations on a good all around tripod. I will use glassing on a backcountry hunt and in kansas. Also I have an 8 year old who is deer hunting with me and would like to use it as a rest of him to shoot off of deer hunting. Would like something light enough for my out west excursions. I know there are tons of options and this is a very broad question just looking for recommendations at a decent price point. Thanks for your time.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt similarly to you. I may get some shade for this, but I like Bog Pod. Relatively inexpensive, adjustable from sitting to standing and not terribly heavy for day treks. They have interchangeable heads for glassing and shooting, including several different heads for shooting depending on exactly what you need. There are certainly lighter and more expensive options, but my set has served me well over the years.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Yes… I have run the small rig head and have the tricer lp on it now… perfect combo for my uses. (Have shot 6.5 prc and 7 prc from it with no issues)

K&F Concept 90 inch/230cm Ultra High Camera Tripod,Horizontal Overhead Shooting Travel Tripod

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I like the Spartan Ascent with Davros head.., whatever they call it. It’s a nice set up and multi purpose.

hsb

FNG
Previously I had the Vortex Carbon Summit II and didn't really like it. Was constantly adjusting the legs and didnt like that I had to extended 3 legs every time I sat down to glass. I just the Slik 632 and its supposed to arrive today and I am excited to give it a try. Super light weight and with only a 2 position leg (long) legs it should be perfect for sitting glassing.