Tripod head

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
I have the VA5 fluid head but it’s heavy, and it won’t lock down tight on the horizontal clamp. What other solid lightweight options are there for a good fluid head with a handle?

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider

No personal experience

Jfujan

FNG
I have the Tricer-lp that I use it for my Razor 13-39x56 and binos. Works great. Not sure how it would perform for a large spotter though. 1000006991.jpg

stephane

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re on a budget, checkout the smallrig ch10 head from Amazon. There’s a few posts on here about it and folks like it. I’ve used one for the past couple weeks and it’s been great.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you’re on a budget, checkout the smallrig ch10 head from Amazon. There’s a few posts on here about it and folks like it. I’ve used one for the past couple weeks and it’s been great.
I picked one up, it’s actually pretty solid. I don’t use it much for shooting/glassing though, so can’t comment on that but when I have used it for that is good. I use it for small cameras.

archp625

WKR
I had a VA-5 as well with no issues. I loved that head minus the weight. I did purchase a Tricer LP and have played with it in the house. It seems great but I haven't ran it through its paces. I leave for CO tomorrow and can report back through a PM if you are interested.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
the VA 5 is an absolute turd! In all Honesty the smallrig on Amazon is the way to go! You can t beat it and for the cost.... its an absolute no brainer!
I run my sworo 10/15 and 95 all on the head without problems