Trinity Area Fall Bear Hunt

That's great that your wife is hooked now and is having some success....a lot of times getting that initial success is the toughest, but once it starts happening it's really potent. You're gonna have to get a separate freezer for her! I know my wife would love it but I just can't quite get her to take the plunge. Maybe one day?
I don't know buddy it might take a one for one swap deal where if she goes hunting with you she gets to pick the next big activity you two do.lol

I forgot to mention we will be going Oct 5-14 ish. From the sounds of it they should still be feeding on acorns around then right? Do you have any experience timing that food source year to year?

OP
S
My trip last year was the week after that. I think it will be a little different this year, seems like it's been hotter and less rain than last year?

Norcal18

FNG
Well I'll add my experience to the thread. Just got back yesterday after spending 3 days in there. Went with two buddies one had a deer and bear tag while I had just bear tag. Hiked in 9 miles and never saw much sign. One of my buddies went in the the area the first week of August and saw lots of fresh bear sign. Most of the scat was dried and old when we got there and looked like they were just eating grass. One buddy made a stalk on a buck and said he saw fresher er sign up in the trees. While hiking out we saw a small fresh track on the trail but that was it. It was warm all weekend, and there possibly could have been a few bears hanging around that high still or it was just too hot to be out during the day. I was honestly surpised that we never even laid eyes on one as we did a lot of glassing. Elevation we hunted at was 5800' to 7200'.

Yoteassasin

Lil-Rokslider
Well I'll add my experience to the thread. Just got back yesterday after spending 3 days in there. Went with two buddies one had a deer and bear tag while I had just bear tag. Hiked in 9 miles and never saw much sign. One of my buddies went in the the area the first week of August and saw lots of fresh bear sign. Most of the scat was dried and old when we got there and looked like they were just eating grass. One buddy made a stalk on a buck and said he saw fresher er sign up in the trees. While hiking out we saw a small fresh track on the trail but that was it. It was warm all weekend, and there possibly could have been a few bears hanging around that high still or it was just too hot to be out during the day. I was honestly surpised that we never even laid eyes on one as we did a lot of glassing. Elevation we hunted at was 5800' to 7200'.
You're to high

Norcal18

FNG
Ya thats what I figured. There were definitely a few still hanging around but most had moved lower, maybe opening weekend a guy could have luck that high, but I wouldnt recommend it past that.