Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 quick look

264 MHC

FNG
I have 3 of the new style Trijicons, a 1-6 Credo, 2.5-15 Credo, and a 4-24 Accupoint. I think they are excellent scopes with all the right features. I'm surprised they don't get talked about more. All three of mine have the repositionable throw lever and don't have any clearance issues. The reticles and illumination are great, especially the accupoint, being battery free. The glass is the same through their whole line, with increasing zoom ranges and features controlling the price. The glass is very similar to the Zeiss V4 Line with both being maybe a tic better than Leupold VX5 glass. They meet my needs very well and will likely buy another if I get another rifle. I have purchased them all through Eurooptic as they always seem to have them in stock and at the best price.

Just curious, any of you guys using the Credo happen to be colorblind? I'm trying to decide if either red or green is going to be better for me, currently leaning towards red since the green might be obscured in greener landscape conditions.

I have a Credo and the older version of the Credo, the Accupower. I went with red illumination for the exact reason you describe. I figured the red would stand out more against natural backgrounds. Although it is currently fall and some of the foliage is bright red. Might make for an interesting test.

gerry35

WKR
Just received this from Euro Optic; Credo 3-9x40 with mil adjustments and mil-square reticle, illuminated. Haven't found much of anything on these while looking for a less obtrusive, set and forget scope.
View attachment 489057

View attachment 489058

12.25" long with diopter set for my eyes, 16.968 oz. Mil adjustments, very basic turret you lift to reset to zero, decent detents, hash marks line up, the turret itself it plastic covered by an aluminum cap.
The reticle is called "mil-square," illuminated, off position between every on position. Illumination becomes visible at 4 in complete darkness and fully visible in light from 7 through 11. The illum lights up through the first 3 squares, or 3 mils. Ret is crisp when adjusted for my vision. Red blooms for me due to a slight astigmatism but that happens with everything red unfortunately. I considered trying the green but wasn't sure how it would look in the woods, not that I use the illum much if at all.
Eye relief is 3" plus just holding it in position. Have to wait until it's mounted to see how it is behind the rifle but it seems very forgiving at this point.
Going to be a while before I can get out and check tracking but will update when I do.

Quick update: Got it mounted to the new T3X in Talley extra lows. Plenty of clearance, no issues with the bolt/mag knob interference. The scope has generous eye relief, I had a solid inch of play where it was good. Weather will keep me off the range for a bit. Yes, even CA has a winter. Sort of:cool:
Thanks for your review. Now that you have had a year with it how are things going?

doty_soty

FNG
I’ve got the red MOA. Not crazy about the reticle, I think maybe I should have got the crosshairs or mil, but I love the scope. It’s got a lot of great features and is very high quality for the price.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the red MOA. Not crazy about the reticle, I think maybe I should have got the crosshairs or mil, but I love the scope. It’s got a lot of great features and is very high quality for the price.
I have the red precision hunter reticle as well, but I actually like it. I’ve got it mounted to an AR upper chambered in 7.62x39. I didn’t want to spend real money on an optic for a 2 MOA gun, but still wanted it to be reliable and this guy has done a bang up job at that so far.

doty_soty

FNG
I have the red precision hunter reticle as well, but I actually like it. I’ve got it mounted to an AR upper chambered in 7.62x39. I didn’t want to spend real money on an optic for a 2 MOA gun, but still wanted it to be reliable and this guy has done a bang up job at that so far.
It’s funny you mention that. I was just about to swap mine out to a 7.62X39 in hopes it’d be a better fit.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
It’s funny you mention that. I was just about to swap mine out to a 7.62X39 in hopes it’d be a better fit.
It’s a great little 150 yard setup. I have had great terminal performance on hogs and smaller size deer with the Tul 154gr soft points. Getting 2147ft/s out of my 16” and it’s a blast to shoot suppressed.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have a new in box red crosshair if you wanted to straight up trade I like the moa hunter reticle better actually

Plagioclase

Lil-Rokslider
Reviving this thread a bit. I have a new to me 7 RM, Kimber Mountain. Ascent. Despite being a Kimber, this rifle is not a flyweight. With a 22 oz scope it weighs 8lbs 4oz. I was set to buy a Trij Credo HX 2.5-10×42. Then noticed the 3-9x40 1" Credo. It weighs 5 oz less, mainly due to the 1" v 30mm tube diameter. I'd prefer not to have the elev turret capped but I'm looking to shave weight. The barrel will be bobbed to 24" soon enough.

The main purpose of this rifle is elk. I do not shoot past 500 on animals so think the basic Credo would prob work - and save me 5oz. Plus this scope did reasonably well in the Form drop tests. Not as good as the Ten Mile or NF but did well on the single drops.

Thoughts on using the 1" Credo on a similar rig?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Buzby

WKR
Reviving this thread a bit. I have a new to me 7 RM, Kimber Mountain. Ascent. Despite being a Kimber, this rifle is not a flyweight. With a 22 oz scope it weighs 8lbs 4oz. I was set to buy a Trij Credo HX 2.5-10×42. Then noticed the 3-9x40 1" Credo. It weighs 5 oz less, mainly due to the 1" v 30mm tube diameter. I'd prefer not to have the elev turret capped but I'm looking to shave weight. The barrel will be bobbed to 24" soon enough.

The main purpose of this rifle is elk. I do not shoot past 500 on animals so think the basic Credo would prob work - and save me 5oz. Plus this scope did reasonably well in the Form drop tests. Not as good as the Ten Mile or NF but did well on the single drops.

Thoughts on using the 1" Credo on a similar rig?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I think it’d be a good scope for that use.

However, if you’d prefer to have an exposed turret, I don’t thinks the 5oz savings is worthwhile. I doubt you would notice the difference.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Just received this from Euro Optic; Credo 3-9x40 with mil adjustments and mil-square reticle, illuminated. Haven't found much of anything on these while looking for a less obtrusive, set and forget scope.
View attachment 489057

View attachment 489058

12.25" long with diopter set for my eyes, 16.968 oz. Mil adjustments, very basic turret you lift to reset to zero, decent detents, hash marks line up, the turret itself it plastic covered by an aluminum cap.
The reticle is called "mil-square," illuminated, off position between every on position. Illumination becomes visible at 4 in complete darkness and fully visible in light from 7 through 11. The illum lights up through the first 3 squares, or 3 mils. Ret is crisp when adjusted for my vision. Red blooms for me due to a slight astigmatism but that happens with everything red unfortunately. I considered trying the green but wasn't sure how it would look in the woods, not that I use the illum much if at all.
Eye relief is 3" plus just holding it in position. Have to wait until it's mounted to see how it is behind the rifle but it seems very forgiving at this point.
Going to be a while before I can get out and check tracking but will update when I do.

Quick update: Got it mounted to the new T3X in Talley extra lows. Plenty of clearance, no issues with the bolt/mag knob interference. The scope has generous eye relief, I had a solid inch of play where it was good. Weather will keep me off the range for a bit. Yes, even CA has a winter. Sort of:cool:
How do you like the Mil-Square reticle? On paper it reminds me of the SWFA Mil-Quad but it’s SFP so not quite apples to apples…