TRIJCON thinks wind only blows one way!

Frederik

FNG
Bought new TRIJCON 3-12 scope after recommended by this site. Showed up in male yesterday, and wind dashes o ly on right side!

Unbelievable! Back to the post office it goes.

MThuntr

WKR
Bought new TRIJCON 3-12 scope after recommended by this site. Showed up in male yesterday, and wind dashes o ly on right side!

Unbelievable! Back to the post office it goes.
You're supposed to go tactical roll while shooting the other direction!

Geewhiz

WKR
You have to go beyond the animal and shoot back if the hashes are on the wrong side.

I'd be very interested in the box it arrived in also. I think many of the Trijicon optics are made in Japan. If the markings are not in English, then it's been assembled in Japan and the parallax will be for sure southern hemisphere only and the northern hemisphere parallax will NOT adjust all the coriolis effect out properly

Geewhiz

WKR
I'm left handed.
Hmm, I hadn't considered that.

Let me see if I can help you. I've had this happen to me a few times now and have become fairly proficient at solving the issue.

First thing is call trijicon customer service and have them send you out a new ocular lense, this is a more or less disposable part and it’s not uncommon for them to go bad just from sitting. Trijicon should have no problem getting a new one in the male for you. Also ask them to throw in a squeeze tube of high temp graphite lubricant for the distal portion of the rotary girder when you reassemble (a little lube goes a long way). Make sure it’s high temp, the regular stuff won’t work in most North American climates (Learned that the hard way).

The next step is to simply crack the ocular lense and remove it from the scope with a small pick , allowing easy accessibility to the internal sway bar end links which will need to be removed as well so you can access the RRD (retical retaining revice). Once the RRD is accessible, loosen the 3 grub screws around the periphery of the RRD you will need a 61/64 allen key for this but most people have one of those laying around somewhere. Once loosened, simply rotate the reticle until it arrives at the intended orientation.

Reverse the process for reassembly.

PRO TIP: to get the ocular lense back in place, you will need to apply liberal amounts of KY and you will likely need a ball joint press, (often available for rent from your local auto parts store) to fully get it seated. Make sure it is fully seated. Torque specs should be in the manual but most of the time it is between 64-68 ft lbs.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Most guys here have had to do this at least once, its pretty straight forward.

Last edited: