Trigger tech question

gabenzeke

WKR
Does anyone have experience with both tt diamond and primary? Is the difference essentially just pull weight? Or is there a significant difference in quality?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
No difference in quality. Obviously the pull weight range is different but the Diamond will break shorter and cleaner than the Primary. I own all three of the bolt models and for most things I’ll pick the Special. Nothing wrong with the Primary either.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
No difference in quality. Obviously the pull weight range is different but the Diamond will break shorter and cleaner than the Primary. I own all three of the bolt models and for most things I’ll pick the Special. Nothing wrong with the Primary either.
Thanks, I actually meant to say the special. But it sounds like given a choice between the special and diamond, you'd choose the special? I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to go unless someone has a compelling reason to pay more money for the diamond.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Yes for most things (field/hunting rifle) I choose to save the $$$ and use the Specials. IMO for a hunting weight trigger the Diamond is overkill and not needed at all. I still have a Primary on a rifle and honestly in the field it’s just fine too.

Sevens

WKR
I asked the question directly to TT, Their response was they could not in good consciousness recommend the special or the diamond to me if I had no desire to go below the pull weight offered by the primary.

I have a diamond on my comp gun and primary on my hunting rifles. I like about 2.25 pounds for hunting, so the primary does just fine.