Tricer LP (panhead)

Tricer had a booth at a local 3D archery shoot. Had an 85mm spotter and 15's on setup for everyone to test out.IMG_20230130_181205.jpg

Just got back from a hunt in New Mexico. The Tricer pan head isF005927C-8D29-4583-AE48-A6CEF5E37A33.jpeg legit. I’ve been running the Outdoorsman for the last 5-6 years. The Tricer pan head is crazy smooth. Whole different level.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Just got back from a hunt in New Mexico. The Tricer pan head is legit. I’ve been running the Outdoorsman for the last 5-6 years. The Tricer pan head is crazy smooth. Whole different level.

I agree, incredible smooth. Both my outdoorsman pan heads would get "jerky" at times, like some kind of binding or rubbing that does not happen with this one. Cannot believe the quality of the panhead at half the price of outdoorsman.

Though I ended up keeping my outdoorsman bino adapter and just added arca swiss adapter to it for running my NL 12x.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I am really impressed with this panhead + NL 12x, I cannot believe how smooth and easy panning is at only 4.3 oz. It moves with easy just using my nose to pan and stops on a dime without vibration. Almost like the static and dynamic friction are the same.

I put my Kowa 883 for a bit this afternoon. That had some unwanted vibration when I would stop the pan or tilt, so it is on the small end for a heavy spotter. I want to spend more time behind it to see if that goes away when I mess with tightening the pan lever. I left it the same as my NL12 setting when messing with my 883.

I want to take it out to the hills and spend a few hours behind it watching deer, but for now it seems to be a significant upgrade over my outdoorsman micropan.

lintond

WKR
Looks like a nock off of the outdoorsman micro pan head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Looks like a nock off of the outdoorsman micro pan head.

Idk man. I could see saying that about the bino adapter but this panhead is something else. I used the micropan the last three years and just sold it in favor of the lp.

I spent time behind them both side by side and even at same price point I would choose the tricer lp over the micro pan every time.

IMO it seems like this tricer lp is what outdoorsman tried to do with their micropan but failed.

lintond

WKR
I sold my micro last season for the VA5. Obviously a weight penalty. Just found with the micro that I didn’t love the tilt control in the handle. Often found myself leaving it too loose & my Bono’s would slam forward /back when I reached for a snack.

This could be a better version. Just not on my wish list this year.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
I sold my micro last season for the VA5. Obviously a weight penalty. Just found with the micro that I didn’t love the tilt control in the handle. Often found myself leaving it too loose & my Bono’s would slam forward /back when I reached for a snack.

This could be a better version. Just not on my wish list this year.

I know what you mean, I smashed my fingers a dozen times doing that. It always frustrated me.

Wright406

WKR
Curious to see feedback as I can use a VA5 for shooting my sub 10lb rifle from if need be. If anyone can test a similar weight rifle that would be great. I'm sure it can handle it and the weight wouldn't be an issue.

Dkathman5

FNG
Following this thread, looks like an awesome head. Weight savings is intriguing. Interested to see more reviews of action of this head and stability with spotting scopes.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Curious to see feedback as I can use a VA5 for shooting my sub 10lb rifle from if need be. If anyone can test a similar weight rifle that would be great. I'm sure it can handle it and the weight wouldn't be an issue.

I plan to test it out on my 9.5 lb 338 RUM on it at somepoint. It will have the strength I am more curious about vibration.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
ok, can you adjust the handle to a point where you can tilt it and let sit and then tilt it more without unlocking the handle? Like a fluid type head?

Exactly how it works. The tension keeps the bino steady and yet moves to the touch smoothly without needing to adjust it. Worked on both my NL Pure and Kowa 883.