Tricer LP panhead vs VA5

Just came across the tricer LP and was curious if anyone has a comparison between the two or even some feedback on the Tricer. I have the va5 and done have any complaints really but anytime I get a. Chance to save weight it’s worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both. If you are just glassing with binos and small 65x spotters, I’d go with the tricer for the weight savings. Directly they really don’t compare. A more fair comparison would be the VA5 and tricer BP which I haven’t seen or heard much about.

I don’t have a comparison to the VA-5 but I just picked up a tricer LP a week ago and have been comparing it to the outdoorsman’s micro pan head.

The tricer does a great job steadying my kowa 77 and is noticeably smoother than the micro pan.

OP
ddavis_1313
I don’t have a comparison to the VA-5 but I just picked up a tricer LP a week ago and have been comparing it to the outdoorsman’s micro pan head.

The tricer does a great job steadying my kowa 77 and is noticeably smoother than the micro pan.

I have a swaro atx 85 and a vortex razor hd 65.

I haven’t tied using binos in an. Tripod but sure am thinking about it lol

The tricer is a good little head..personally it does not replace my va5 but when weight is a concern it gets the nod. You may not notice a huge difference until you start getting uneven surface/not perfectly level, your optic is not ballanced well, heavier scope etc. that’s then the VA5 really stands out between the two.

For backpacking I’m taking the tricer and dealing with some of the minor shortcomings from such a small and light head, but if it’s a live and die by the glass kind of hunt then I prefer the beefier VA5.

OP
ddavis_1313
The tricer is a good little head..personally it does not replace my va5 but when weight is a concern it gets the nod. You may not notice a huge difference until you start getting uneven surface/not perfectly level, your optic is not ballanced well, heavier scope etc. that’s then the VA5 really stands out between the two.

For backpacking I’m taking the tricer and dealing with some of the minor shortcomings from such a small and light head, but if it’s a live and die by the glass kind of hunt then I prefer the beefier VA5.

I’ll stick to the va5 then!

No issues thus far so no reason to change. I’m sure I could cut some weight elsewhere in the pack to make up for the 85mm I just got.