Tricer LP Handle

MC2FS

FNG
Curious if anyone has modified their Tricer LP handle to fit alongside their tripod legs when folded? I was thinking of cutting a piece out but am worried it would affect the structural integrity. So, something after market or DIY would be cool.
IMG_4230.jpeg

sr80

WKR
I think if you ground out a notch in the base of the actual base of the tripod head where it screws to the tripod you'd be ok. Thought about doing that with mine but haven't yet. You'd have to notch the tripod as well. I do wish the handle folded in tighter as well..

mthayr

WKR
I was wondering if maybe the handle could be replaced with a second indexable knob - though I have no idea where to look for one. Right now I just stick it straight up in the air.

OP
MC2FS

MC2FS

FNG
I think if you ground out a notch in the base of the actual base of the tripod head where it screws to the tripod you'd be ok. Thought about doing that with mine but haven't yet. You'd have to notch the tripod as well. I do wish the handle folded in tighter as well..
Thats a valid suggestion, makes me a little more nervous thinking about grinding my whole base and tripod instead of just the handle.

I was wondering if maybe the handle could be replaced with a second indexable knob - though I have no idea where to look for one. Right now I just stick it straight up in the air.
Ya, I wonder if the Wiser handle might accomplish this? I have no way to know if the threads are the same or if its setup is even similar. At that rate, I’d just buy a Wiser and be done 🤣

I tried running it with the handle up but it was too tall with my tripod and wouldn’t tuck under my pack lid.

mthayr

WKR
Just a heads up (and sorry to Tricer if I'm spilling the beans) but there is a v2 LP head coming out that has an arca-compatible-base so it will fit in a Anvil type ball head. I asked Wiser about the same and they said no, they didn't want to change their base.

I will always stick with companies like @Tricer who listen to the feedback of their users. Maybe they'll offer a replacement knob soon.

TheAri

Lil-Rokslider

$10 replacement if you **** up!

I’ll take my dremel to it and let you know if wrecks the structural integrity or not by slotting a hole big enough for the base to fit into the handle

TheAri

Lil-Rokslider
While cutting into the carbon works well, the range of motion could be further increased by decreasing the diameter of the carbon tube. I think the screw could be extracted and reused with a small diameter carbon tube similar to what Wiser uses.
AB10397F-6774-4A8F-8020-C2DBD5CAF4D2.jpeg

Tahoe1305

WKR
I assume the width is to enable easier tension adjustments (wider equals more/sensitive torque refinement).

Not saying a smaller one won’t work, but the only reason to have one thicker I can think of.

OP
MC2FS

MC2FS

FNG
While cutting into the carbon works well, the range of motion could be further increased by decreasing the diameter of the carbon tube. I think the screw could be extracted and reused with a small diameter carbon tube similar to what Wiser uses.
View attachment 726247
This answers my question! Thank you. I was looking at mine yesterday and if the location of the screw in point was more towards the top, it appears that could help improve the angle when folding it down as well. But, it may have interfered with some larger optics so they went this route.

Im not sure how you found that link for the spare handle. I poked around and couldn’t find it so that’ll be nice to save. Maybe Tricer will put a spare “micro” sized handle on there someday or Aziak will come up with something. Anyways, thanks again.

feanor

WKR
I’ve tinkered a bit with handles, and you do need to have a larger OD. The smaller you go, the harder it is to clamp tight. Especially with gloves. Right now, I have a 7/8” OD handle and I feel if I went to 3/4” OD it would be a little small for me personally.