Tricer Drew Intro

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey all, this is Drew Miles I own Tricer. Some of y’all know me from the SCH forums that I have been on for about a decade now. Just a normal dude with 5 kids who is obsessed with hunting and entrepreneurship.

We are a sponsor here on Rokslide and I am gonna try and start posting regularly on here. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.

This year I will be hunting 2-3 weeks a month from August through January. I will try and post those hunts up on here as much as possible. I will also have video guy along for the hunts so I will share those as well when they release.

We have a ton of new products coming out this year and a ton more in the works. I am obsessed with innovation and my passing is creating the best tripod station the industry. I will do my best to share these with you and answer any questions you have. IMG_5841.jpeg

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Tricer excited to see you guys be more interactive on here. Been really impressed with the products you've been putting out so far.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Welcome, I'm excited to see what else you guys come out with. I just got the AD tripod in last week and cant wait to put it to use this season! I got the head last September and used it the rest of the season on a Sirui. It'll be nice to drop a couple pounds off my old tripod set up.

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome, I'm excited to see what else you guys come out with. I just got the AD tripod in last week and cant wait to put it to use this season! I got the head last September and used it the rest of the season on a Sirui. It'll be nice to drop a couple pounds off my old tripod set up.
That AD LP combo is the bread and butter of our line up. Very hard to beat for the majority of situations.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Welcome Drew - it’s encouraging to see your plans to share here, would love to hear about some of your design and product development and the “why” behind your products. Thanks for sponsoring!

intunegp

WKR
I don't think most normal dudes with five kids get to be away hunting 50-75% of the time for half the year 🤣

I started using your bino adapter last fall, the tiny set screw seems to like to wiggle it's way loose. I've tightened it with the tip of a pocket knife multiple times in the field. Any reason not to throw a little loc tite on it?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Saturday Drew Jr. was hit by a rattle snake. They got him to the hospital within twenty mins. He was given anti venom, they sedated him and put him on a ventilator. He came to the next day about noon. He is expected to make a full recovery, but will stay in hospital five days or so. They were fortunately close to medicals care or it may have turned out much worse.

Crusader

WKR
I don't think most normal dudes with five kids get to be away hunting 50-75% of the time for half the year 🤣

I started using your bino adapter last fall, the tiny set screw seems to like to wiggle it's way loose. I've tightened it with the tip of a pocket knife multiple times in the field. Any reason not to throw a little loc tite on it?
That's what I thought, too.....he must have one heck of an understanding and capable wife to be able to do that!

On a more serious note, prayers for his son that all goes well with his recovery.

Saturday Drew Jr. was hit by a rattle snake. They got him to the hospital within twenty mins. He was given anti venom, they sedated him and put him on a ventilator. He came to the next day about noon. He is expected to make a full recovery, but will stay in hospital five days or so. They were fortunately close to medicals care or it may have turned out much worse.
Dang thats scary as hell. I'm glad to hear he's doing good though.

that’s what nightmares are made of, wow! Hoping for a fast and full recovery.

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome Drew - it’s encouraging to see your plans to share here, would love to hear about some of your design and product development and the “why” behind your products. Thanks for sponsoring!
100% I will try and include you guys in the journey as much as possible. There are a lot of new things coming. A few of them will blow peoples minds and a few of them are just better mouse traps.

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

I started using your bino adapter last fall, the tiny set screw seems to like to wiggle its way loose. I've tightened it with the tip of a pocket knife multiple times in the field. Any reason not to throw a little loc tite on it?
We home school the kids so 1 or 2 will be along on my hunts Starlink on order. On some of the longer trips like my CO bull tag that I blew 7 points on I am getting a cabin for 2 weeks for the family to come along. I will be backpacking but still have a home base and the family near by. Tricer gives me the ability to do some great stuff with the family. We will all be road tripling to UT TAC and they will be staying in a cabin with me.

What I would recommend is just use teflon plumbers tape on the threads. I use that stuff for everything it is a great tip for keeping stuff from coming loose in the field.

I have a new Bino adapter coming this fall that is quick release and has a set screw. No threading whatsoever. Gonna call it the TRICER-QB “quick bino”

IMG_8613.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes my 17yo was bit in the hand by a baby rattler Saturday afternoon. He was minutes from death. God is so good and there is no other way to describe this. They gave him minutes to live were worried about him losing his hand etc. they intubated him, installed a ventilator and feeding tube the whole 9. He was supposed to be down for days but they woke him up yesterday. He is out of the woods and is going to make a full recovery.

I have my bed roll and have been sleeping on the floor of the ICU. Hoping we can get home by Wednesday or Thursday. Again God is good.

IMG_9004.jpegIMG_9005.jpegIMG_9006.jpeg

Fowl Play

WKR
Drew man, first glad to hear Jr. is doing well! That is a terrifying scenario.

Remember hunting with you years ago on MCC. Super cool to see what you are doing with Tricer. I actually will be out West for several months this year testing out Starlink Mobile. I'll shoot you a PM, if our paths collide would love to catch up.

7mm-08

WKR
The neurotoxin those baby rattlers possess is far more lethal than the venom on board an adult rattler. A friend of mine was bitten by a baby rattler some years ago and it nearly killed him. Glad your son is improving. My friend was bitten on the hand and the swelling evident your son's hand went all the way to his shoulder. It looked like his entire arm might explode at any minute. Scary event. Speedy recovery wishes sent your way.

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Drew man, first glad to hear Jr. is doing well! That is a terrifying scenario.

Remember hunting with you years ago on MCC. Super cool to see what you are doing with Tricer. I actually will be out West for several months this year testing out Starlink Mobile. I'll shoot you a PM, if our paths collide would love to catch up.
Ya man it’s been a while. I am gonna be getting starlink for this season I would love to pick your brain on what I should do. I will be all over the west and will need WiFi.

Sounds like you switched over from spacex to starlink. Good to hear you are still there and doing cool stuff.

Ya man it’s been a while. I am gonna be getting starlink for this season I would love to pick your brain on what I should do. I will be all over the west and will need WiFi.

Sounds like you switched over from spacex to starlink. Good to hear you are still there and doing cool stuff.
Glad to hear your son is making a full recovery! I'm on starlink mobile/roam right now and have been for the past 2 years, no complaints. I'm lucky enough to get to travel and hunt a lot as well, it's really a lifesaver sometimes. If you have any questions I could help with, feel free to reach out.

OP
Tricer

Tricer

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Glad to hear your son is making a full recovery! I'm on starlink mobile/roam right now and have been for the past 2 years, no complaints. I'm lucky enough to get to travel and hunt a lot as well, it's really a lifesaver sometimes. If you have any questions I could help with, feel free to reach out.
Ya I am gonna pick one up. I should be able to get you some good content and some feedback after this season. I will be in the road a ton and won’t be able to do it without star link.