Tricer AD experiences

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine. The one gripe I have is that the 2 center post options are not ideal. With the longer center post, if you widen the legs at all, the center post hits the ground. If you switch to the shorter center post, there is basically no vertical adjustment available. I'd like a center post that's some length between the two options that it comes with.

Wrongside

WKR
I’ve been happy with mine. Light and stiff. Use it with the LP head. For binos and my 85mm spotter. I think the head would be a better fit with a 65mm or smaller spotter. But I also really like its function for the weight.

Tricer is not RRS quality level, but decent and way less expensive.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
One more oddity about the tripod is the direction you twist the locks to unlock/lock. It is backwards from other tripods I own, so it took me a while to get used to it, but is not an issue for me now.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be following this. I've been looking at Tricer a bit lately for options. Currently using a Slik (it's been well used) and have been thinking about getting an additional tripod (set up one for lighter weight backpack/ hike use, one for truck use).

I have used a Tricer for the last couple of years. Blacktail hunting here at home, on a Wyoming elk hunt and then this year on a sheep hunt. I really like the tripod, the weight especially. I did end up giving mine to the wrangler on my sheep hunt so I need to pick up a new one.