Trekking poles

What type of trekking poles does everyone use? Collapsible or foldable? I'm thinking foldable because they are more compact...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

CaseyU

WKR
I am still using z poles (foldable) ther are an abundance of lighter options, but these things are tried and true and you kind of get use to a specific flex, length, and characteristics with each pole . Something deep down inme always prefered to know they dont ha e the ability to slide. They obviously could still break though haha. For what its worth. Cheers!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

DFloTN

FNG
I like my BD Alpine Carbon Zs. Compact and no issues after 4 years of hunting and hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
I am still using z poles (foldable) ther are an abundance of lighter options, but these things are tried and true and you kind of get use to a specific flex, length, and characteristics with each pole . Something deep down inme always prefered to know they dont ha e the ability to slide. They obviously could still break though haha. For what its worth. Cheers!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
That's also why I was thinking foldable, don't have to worry about them sliding Haha

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

scp

Lil-Rokslider
I have over 4000 trail miles (mostly in the mountains of the PNW) on the same set of Black Diamond Flick Lock Carbon Cork poles and haven’t had a single failure with them. I honestly can’t believe they are still going...and they are going strong. I won’t purchase another type of pole. The aren’t the lightest, newest, or feature-packed poles, but they flat work. I trust them—perhaps that’s the best endorsement I can give them.

SoCal Rob

FNG
I prefer the foldable for hiking since I don't use them all the time and they are easier to store on the side of my pack. I also have a pair of the BD Flick Locs which are great on long traverses on steep slopes since the uphill pole can be shortened and the downhill pole can be lengthened.