Trekking Poles in Newfoundland

Do I need Trekking poles in Newfoundland? I am going on a fly in remote Moose hunt in Newfoundland CA. Are Trekking poles useful? I have heard it is very wet and the topography is very spongy. Would I benefit from poles? I hate to take extra stuff but feel I may benefit from a long walk with poles. Any thoughts?

Boston1

FNG
Like any place else-- they come in handy if you're crossing a stream or coming down a steep slope with a heavy load on your back. I took mine last year. They collapse and don't add much weight. They stayed in the pack most of the time but I used them to pack out a moose. I even loaned one to the guide. I'll take them again this year.

OP
traumaninja
Like any place else-- they come in handy if you're crossing a stream or coming down a steep slope with a heavy load on your back. I took mine last year. They collapse and don't add much weight. They stayed in the pack most of the time but I used them to pack out a moose. I even loaned one to the guide. I'll take them again this year.
Thanks! I figured I would buy some. I just hate to pack something I wont use or are useless due to the wet terrain.

ganngus

WKR
Took an archery moose there back in 2018. It was literally easiest country that I've big game hunted in. I did not bust out the trekking poles for the pack out. That said, if you're good with the weight, it wouldn't hurt.