Tree Stand Camera Mount Arm/Head

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
(Hoping this is the correct sub-forum to post the question in)

I'm looking into self-filming some of my hunts. Usually I'm a buy once, cry once type guy, but I'm attempting to not break the bank immediately in case this is something I don't necessarily like doing.

Is there a decent camera mount arm and head combo that can be had for ~$100 or less? Or is the correct move to go with a Fourth Arrow arm + nice friction ball head?

I'm currently looking at the Muddy Hunt Hard arm/head combo here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQZVTLM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 to start with.

Setup notes: 99% of the hunts I plan to film will be archery hunts from a hang on tree stand with deer approximately ~60 yards or less in closeness. My camcorder is a Panasonic HDC-SD600K (its just a tiny guy).

Full disclosure: I've done some initial searching on the topic. I found this YT video which was helpful, but it's a little dated -

Man there was a small independent guy making some nice camera arms at a decent price. Wish I could remember/find his website now. I had a tab opened and saved on my old phone, but it just died and I lost it. Now I cant remember his website name, but I was very interested in getting one. They were around $100-$150 if I remember correctly.

OP
G

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
Man there was a small independent guy making some nice camera arms at a decent price. Wish I could remember/find his website now. I had a tab opened and saved on my old phone, but it just died and I lost it. Now I cant remember his website name, but I was very interested in getting one. They were around $100-$150 if I remember correctly.

I went ahead and ordered a Muddy "Outfitter" arm yesterday. I def would have preferred to support an independent guy tho.

My new dilemma is a fluid head. Not sure if I want to cheap out and get an Innorel F60, or man up and grab a Manfrotto 128RC for 2x+ the price.

Man I would go as lightweight and compact as possible. I have a Manfrotto and I dont like it. Too big and bulky. Not sure what the model is though.