Tree Saddle Kits

TylerS105

FNG
Looking into getting a tree saddle for next years season. I have read some other threads and found that people don't necessarily like Tethrd saddles and prefer the Cruzr. I am 6'4" and about 190 lbs and was looking for some more feedback, let me know what you think!

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll start by saying I am a novice saddle hunter and only have two sits with my saddle under my belt, but I have spent a pretty considerable amount of time trying saddles, tinkering with my setup, and spent a lot of time dialing everything in and working on climbing/shooting from mine.

After trying a bunch of different saddles I ended up with a TX5 Lonestar. Fairly spendy, but I got to pick out absolutely everything about it. So far I am a big fan of it, very comfortable and the HPR (hip pinch reduction) feature (basically a piece of kydex on either side of the saddle) seems to work well.

That being said, I would recommend finding some folks who are local to you and try out different saddles. Saddle Hunter Forum has a lot of dudes on there who are WAY into it and are frequently doing meetups where everyone can try stuff out. I spent a solid year reading through the various threads there learning as much as I could. Saddles are a really personal thing, so highly recommend you test some out before you dive in.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Your going to have to try some out, no way around it. I have an H2 and an ESS and those are all I've ever used. Tether height and bridge length have a lot to do with comfort and again are really individual based. Also knees on a pad or knee pads are individual. You really just need to take your best educated guess and play with it to know what feels good to you. I am not nearly as comfortable in a saddle as a good climber or ladder stand but I have sat all day in saddles. Last 2 years I've used a saddle with a LWCG .5.

I may know a guy selling a TX5 Reaper….
Tethrd Phantom is okay but there is much better as comfort goes. TX5, Overwatch, Cruzr and Latitude are all worth a look. There are a bunch of good ones right now. You may want to try the member map on saddle hunter and try to find some people near you to try different models out. Good luck and make sure to check out that Reaper.

I spent a season trying to figure out an OG treesaddle several years back. Caught a lot of flack from my buddies, but I liked the speed and versatility. Was stuck on public ground so was still stuck hauling climbing sticks. It’d be super slick if you had preset locations. Way harder to nap…

Sammymusi

WKR
I have the Overwatch transformer had it for the past 2 seasons and strictly saddle hunted prib 40 sits or so. The saddle is bullet proof. I went the sticks and platform route the first year and quickly realized that the one stick method worked way better for me and how I hunt.

The Transformer is my go to. Extremely comfortable. When all said and done, you can build a system for about the same price as a kit.

When I started saddle hunting I was on the saddle hunter forum. There's tons of information about it. For starting out I'd recommend piecing together. It's like reloading kits that you can buy you end up replacing things unless you get luck and you find what you like by chance.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the tethrd phantom & their one sticks for a couple of seasons now. The more I use this setup, the better I get with it. The phantom saddle bothers my lower back a bit, but I had a back surgery some years back, and I'm guessing any saddle would probably bother my back..