WTB Tree Saddle For Small Hunter

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking to get a tree saddle in the near future. I am a western big game guy so this wont get a ton of use. I have a very small build, 5'2" 120 lbs., so if any of you normal size guys have a saddle that fits too small or pinches and wants to get rid of it I might fit it better.

I have also done quite a bit of searching and can find a ton of threads for saddles that fit larger hunters but not much for small stature guys. If anyone has first hand experience with small fitting saddles I am all ears.

fey

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd check out saddlehunter for fitment experience/reports and also their classifieds potentially.

That being said, some of the standard saddles like the phantom have a phantom xl because the phantom was too small for a lot of guys. Cruzr has different sizes available.

There's a lot more options out there than you may have realized once you start searching through that forum.

shadow24

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m rocking the Phantom saddle, and best I can tell, there is a lot of adjustability on it. I’m 5’8” and about 175 lbs of pure muscle (😏) and there’s still strap length on either side of the buckles. Don’t take my word for it, but the saddle doesn’t fit like a “Swiss Seat” or other rappelling harness, like I expected at first. It feels on the loose side until I get set up and snuggle into it….for a whole day set. I don’t know where I’m going with this other than, maybe give one of the non-XLs a try? You can offload it pretty easy if it doesn’t work out. OR, message Tethrd directly with questions. Them boys are pretty good about helping fellow hunters. Good luck and be patient if you get into it! I still cuss mine as I’m climbing up the tree, but once I’m set up, I remember the benefits of it. Have fun, main!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Take your pick. Cruzr, Tethrd, Latitude, Overwatch, TX5, Woods or a host of others will all fit. I’m 5’8” 165 and have had several saddles. I’m also out west but do hunt whitetail. I size up for clothes. My youngest is tiny at 4’ he has hunt upside down in all of my saddles. Good luck!