Tree climbing boots?

Ddog

WKR
Hey guys, anyone here climb trees for a living and have some boot suggestions? TIA

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I don't do it for a living, but if I did, I'd look seriously at Hoffman's boots..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

red dawg are a cheaper alternative also.... you could get those @ Bailey's

madsen's carries both hoffman and wescos (personal fav for tree work) as well as whites and others. You will be hard pressed to find a better company to deal with than madsens

PA Archer

FNG
I haven't found a pair that last much more than a year with rubbing on ropes and spurs and just being in trees most day... some of the pairs that I wore where the Danner 8 inch loggers that lasted decent and are made in the USA. Also wore Red Wings and they were good for about a year but I never wore any of the real expensive brands like ARBPRO so couldn't say how they hold up.

Depends on what you're doing. If you're wearing spurs, you'll want tall leather boots, and if you're rope climbing branches, you'll want something with some flexibility for good footing on the branches. I used spurs very little in my tree business because I was mostly pruning and doing large branch removals. Spurs were only useful for me on pines if I was taking out the whole tree. In both cases I wore Red Wings but that was 30 years ago and I'm sure things have come a long way for tree climbing boots since. Be safe.

I haven't found a pair that last much more than a year with rubbing on ropes and spurs and just being in trees most day... some of the pairs that I wore where the Danner 8 inch loggers that lasted decent and are made in the USA. Also wore Red Wings and they were good for about a year but I never wore any of the real expensive brands like ARBPRO so couldn't say how they hold up.
When I had my tree service, I was so poor that I was lucky to own two pairs of Red Wings. LOL

Mosby

WKR
Guys in Canada like Vibergs that are made in BC. I am not sure if you can get them in the states.