Transportation from Boise to McCall, and back

Have an upcoming elk hunt, Oct 1-7, heading out of McCall. Original plan was to drive from SW Michigan so transportation wasn't an issue. However, the trip is a solo travel, and 2-3 days each way plus fuel and other expenses, flying is actually becoming an option. Flights are down, working trying to determine cost for transportation once out there for the couple of days I need it, as well as shipping a hopefully successful hunt back home. Biggest hang up right now is getting from Boise to McCall and back a week later. Hate to rent a truck and pay for all those days of it just sitting there waiting for me to return. With that, the only savings would be travel time which will still be huge. But cost starts racking up. Any thoughts on transportation outside of airport truck rental or Turo?

KurtR

WKR
Have an upcoming elk hunt, Oct 1-7, heading out of McCall. Original plan was to drive from SW Michigan so transportation wasn't an issue. However, the trip is a solo travel, and 2-3 days each way plus fuel and other expenses, flying is actually becoming an option. Flights are down, working trying to determine cost for transportation once out there for the couple of days I need it, as well as shipping a hopefully successful hunt back home. Biggest hang up right now is getting from Boise to McCall and back a week later. Hate to rent a truck and pay for all those days of it just sitting there waiting for me to return. With that, the only savings would be travel time which will still be huge. But cost starts racking up. Any thoughts on transportation outside of airport truck rental or Turo?
I dont know about transportation but i would be hard pressed to trust a rental if driving on any of those roads around mcall. Some tire eating not nice roads. If you are going with a guide I guess that wouldnt be a problem.

OP
Shady oaks
I dont know about transportation but i would be hard pressed to trust a rental if driving on any of those roads around mcall. Some tire eating not nice roads. If you are going with a guide I guess that wouldnt be a problem.
Meant to mention that, I am driving from Boise Airport to the airport in Mccall.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm still trying to figure out how it would take you 3 days to get to McCall from SW Michigan.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

McCall has a courier service that makes runs down to Boise, maybe they would pick up a wayward hitchhiker.

atmat

WKR
I'm still trying to figure out how it would take you 3 days to get to McCall from SW Michigan.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I mean, it’s gotta be close to a 30 hour drive. That’s definitely a 3-day drive for me at this age.

Tcmo-33

FNG
Correct me if I’m wrong but I was once told that you could not return a uhaul back to the place you rented it from maybe certain rentals have different rules something to check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young7.3

WKR
You can get a puddle jumper flight from boise to mccall for a few hundo. That is if you have a ride in mccall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk