Traditional Kill Thread 2022

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Called this Bull in to 20' my first afternoon out. Double lung at 15yds. He went about 45yds and fell in sight. My tenth Moose all trad.

Shot with my old Bear mag "B" riser, 40# at my draw using my teeth. 190gr Cutthroat broadhead and old Patriot Carbons. Same as the mulie but I used a VPA 200 gr 3 blade on him.

Should be back right handed shooting normal by spring. Surgery to my right shoulder and rehab going very well. Thanks for looking
Congratulations!
That is one heck of an accomplishment! However, after seeing what you do with your bow every year, it is not much of a surprise.

Did you use a mouth guard? I know a guy who lost his right arm and shoulder that has taken a lot of elk & deer using a mouth tab. He had to use the mouth guard because his teeth started to loosen and tilt forward.

Oh ya, like always, You Done Good….Really Good.

Gun

FNG
No mouth guard. Just a piece of cat collar folded in half and stitched along the sides. I'm actually missing the third molar on top so shooting four molars under. Ha

I found a para olympic archer (Jeff Fabry) on YouTube, He has a tutorial on how to make the tab.

kjklump

FNG
IMG_20211031_143209898.jpgOnly thing I've been able to get so far since using my hoyt buffalo. I switch back to my compound for rifle season if I haven't got a deer yet, then back to the recurve once I do. I just enjoy the recurve so much more, but I gotta put meat in the freezer.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
No monster but I'll take it every year I can. 1968 Bear Super Kodiak I picked up this summer for $100. Too much weight for most guys I guess. The coon was crouching in my trail one morning in the dark and wouldn't run, so I turned my headlamp to the side of my head and brained him from about 7 yards. Just like the night time trad shoots we go to in the summer.:LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3727.JPG
    IMG_3727.JPG
    620.8 KB · Views: 60

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
drove 4 hours to Ohio for what turned out to be 1 hour of hunting, but i cant pass a 14 yd gimmie. 2 bucks in under 2 hours of sit time. Same arrow and broadhead as Thursdays buck too. (we won't discuss the 10's of hours of nothing leading up to it though)

Attachments

• IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    592.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 48

Sapcut

WKR
Sapcut what arrow is that you are shooting? It looks like a carbon inside an aluminum shaft?
Yes, that arrow in particular is a GT Ultralight 300 inside a 2213. Tuffhead 300 and 200 gr. adapter I believe. Just trying to see how heavy I could make one that flys great and blows things up before reaching some mythical diminishing return.

The second video kill is with a 972 gr. GT UL 300 with about a 12" footing, Meathead broadhead and heavy adapter as well.

Last edited: