Trading bird hunts

SEIA

FNG
Has anyone here traded, or would be interested in trading, upland bird hunts? I’d be interested in nearly any upland species across the US, public or private, in exchange for pheasant hunting on private land in Iowa. Preferably hunting over pointing dogs and the same would be reciprocated over my GSP’s here. We would each be responsible for our own lodging and accommodations. Not really looking to hire an outfitter or guide, just trading experiences with like minded folks.

WRO

WKR
I don’t have much interest in pheasants, but I’ve got lots of chukar, Huns, and quail in Eastern Oregon and western Idaho. I even have a few spots we can hunt mountain quail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
I don’t have much interest in pheasants, but I’ve got lots of chukar, Huns, and quail in Eastern Oregon and western Idaho. I even have a few spots we can hunt mountain quail.

I’m assuming you hunt over pointers? Chukar are at the top of my list. Eventually I’d like to complete the Grand Slam.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I like to chase public land grouse here in Nebraska. Sharpies and Greater Prairie Chickens in the sandhills. My pheasant and quail spots haven't been great with the drought, but we hunt a lot of public ground for them as well.

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
I like to chase public land grouse here in Nebraska. Sharpies and Greater Prairie Chickens in the sandhills. My pheasant and quail spots haven't been great with the drought, but we hunt a lot of public ground for them as well.
Sounds good to me! If you’re interested in trading a hunt, send me a message and we can work something out.

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
Where are you located at?
Southeast Iowa. Not the best area overall, but we have access to a lot of ground with good numbers. We shot many limits this season.

WRO

WKR
Southeast Iowa. Not the best area overall, but we have access to a lot of ground with good numbers. We shot many limits this season.

If you get a wild hair, I can line you out on some stuff here and take you for a day or 2.

Just don’t hot spot my places on the internet.

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
If you get a wild hair, I can line you out on some stuff here and take you for a day or 2.

Just don’t hot spot my places on the internet.

I’d never hotspot and would hope nobody would do the same with mine. We’ll see how this season shapes up, if I make plans to get out there I’ll contact you.

I’m assuming you hunt over pointers? Chukar are at the top of my list. Eventually I’d like to complete the Grand Slam.
SEIA, what is your definition of the the "Grand Slam"? I know what it is for sheep and turkeys but not sure for upland birds?

That said I have had the good fortune to bird hunt 15 states (mostly western) and 2 provinces mostly over our four Vizslas. Got 18 upland species thru the years.

OP
S

SEIA

FNG
SEIA, what is your definition of the the "Grand Slam"? I know what it is for sheep and turkeys but not sure for upland birds?

That said I have had the good fortune to bird hunt 15 states (mostly western) and 2 provinces mostly over our four Vizslas. Got 18 upland species thru the years.
North American Upland Grand Slam. I’m not sold on it, but I’d definitely like to complete app species of quail and grouse.