Trade shows

2ski

WKR
The SHOT show thread got me thinking about shows that I could possibly go to, and I figured some of you would be have more info on the subject than me. Are there any trade show coming up or at anytime in the year in the MT/WY/OR/ID/WA area that i can go to? Within about 6-8 hours from Bozeman would be ideal. We have outdoor shows here in MT, but they tend to be more of a show for the once a year hunter/fisherman. Plus I'd say around half the booths are for safaris or Canadian fishing trips.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The EXPO in Salt Lake City might fit your bill. They have a cool drawing for those who attend where you can pull one or more of 200 UT limited entry tags available for all species. There's seminars, great booths, lots and lots and lots of huge mounts. It seems to have a focus on Western hunting. It's a blast. Check the web, I think it's right around the corner.

JPD350

WKR
Who puts on or is the promoter of the Salt lake show?

I understand the eastern outdoor show ran by some person or group called Reed banned any AR type weapons at the show and many vendors cancelled their booths because of the ban therefore making them cancel the show. I wonder if this could be a wave across the country or if the problems the eastern show had will put the fear in other promoters not to ban particular weapons.

sk1

WKR
man i live 30 min away from the SLC hunt expo and this is the second year in a row im going to miss it because of work...its a good show with some decent seminars.....hope i can find a way to get there, but its not looking good!